Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Alliance Resource Group
Posted on: September 22, 2022
jobs.allianceresourcegroup.com."> Senior Internal Auditor
Posted: 08/23/2022 Job Titles: AUD - Sr. Internal Auditor Job
Number: 4448 Pay Rate: 100,000 Job Description
Alliance Resource Group has partnered with a leading global
manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly
supplies products in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other
countries worldwide. The organization is continually crafting
custom products and other food solutions that exceed peoples'
expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality
With their headquarters located in Orange County, the company
operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and
numerous distribution centers across North America. The
organization provides a strong foundation of training, leaders who
care about their employees and celebrates their successes, a safe
environment, and challenging and fulfilling work. -
This position is responsible for performing tasks related to
internal audit programs and for identifying potential business
process improvements during the audit process. This responsibility
includes risk assessments, developing internal audit scope,
performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit
reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work
performed will include coverage of functional and operating units,
focusing on financial, IT and operational processes. Additionally,
this position performs follow-up on the status of outstanding
internal audit issues. This position may also assist Internal Audit
management with development of the annual internal audit plan, and
championing internal control and corporate governance concepts
throughout the company. The candidate must also be able to lead,
coordinate audits and/or direct and review the work performed by
other internal audit personnel.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive risk-based
internal audit program including internal audit plans, budgets and
- Develop audit programs designed to evaluate the effectiveness
of internal controls, efficiency of operations, and/or compliance
with corporate policies and procedures.
- Execute and complete audit assignments timely with minimal
re-work required after review.
- Prepare and maintain workpapers documenting procedures
performed and supporting audit findings
- Prepare internal audit reports communicating findings,
recommendations and resolutions of audit issues.
- Ensure audits are performed in accordance with professional
standards and departmental policies.
- Supervise and develop staff assigned to projects as
- Obtain and/or maintain professional audit certification(s).
Keep current on new industry guidance, standards and best
- Participate in other special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant
fields or equivalent experience
- CPA, CIA or other professional designation preferred
- Requires two to five years public and/or private internal and
external audit experience. Big 4 public accounting firm experience
and/or manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft office applications,
Visio, Powerpoint. and audit softwares)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in
applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation
of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction
and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal
audit project team members.
- Working knowledge of audit software and computer assisted
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with
varying team members
- Familiarity of auditing standards (i.e., IIA Standards,
- Willingness to travel up to 40% Christopher Brunson, MBA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County We thank Chris for his service
to the country; he spent a combat tour in Iraq -as a Sergeant in
the U.S. Army. On a free day, Chris would enjoy a hike with his dog
Spartacus followed by a beach day with his friends and family.
Related Jobs: There are currently no related jobs. Please sign up
for Job -Alerts . Login to save this search and get notified of
similar positions. Alliance Resource GroupA Southern California
accounting and finance staffing agency.
- Southern California Headquarters
- 2525 Main Street
Irvine, CA 92614
Keywords: Alliance Resource Group, Fullerton , Senior Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!