Company: Griffith Company
Posted on: November 19, 2022
At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most
valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work
environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition.
In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking
their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120 year
history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a
dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for
growth abounds.We are seeking an entry level Staff Accountant to
maintain and reconcile General Ledger activities, applying
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and critical
thinking. Essential Functions
- Monitor bank activities and update cash log on a daily
- Calculate weekly payroll funding check requests.
- Upload Positive Pay files to bank and review/approve Positive
- Reconcile semi-monthly P-Card transactions and process
invoicing in ERP via AP import.
- Assist with P-card related issues - including but not limited
to card issue/cancel, card decline troubleshooting, new user
- Prepare and review Materials and Environmental Services
Division P&L Statements.
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries for General
- Account Reconciliation and analysis.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
- Fixed Asset Accounting - including but not limited to asset
capitalization, depreciation and disposals.
- Job cost analysis
- Project accounting
- WIP reporting
- Maintain Monthly Closing Calendar Invites.
- Coordinate Closing Deadlines with the districts.Specific Job
Knowledge, Skill and AbilityThe individual must possess the
following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain
and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions
of the job.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications,
specifically needing Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Viewpoint Software or an equivalent ERP system
- Experience with JWS ticketing software is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work under
pressure and strict deadlines.Competencies
- Effective communication
- Team player
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Time management/multitasking
- Detail oriented
- Service oriented
- Stress management
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree in Accounting
- 3 + years' experience in a high volume transactional role,
preferably in a Construction or Manufacturing environmentPhysical
- Most time spent in an indoor office environment
- Sitting at a desk for prolonged periods of time
- Occasional lifting of files and boxes up to 20 lbs
- Pushing/pulling of file cabinets
- Extended visual use of a computer screen
- Frequent typing
- Occasional travelCompany Benefits PackageIn addition to
offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees -
including a superior health benefits package - Griffith Company
also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Griffith Company
employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit
from the Company's success. Other benefits include vacation time,
sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject
to eligibility requirements)Relocation assistance will be provided
to candidates outside of the local area on a case-by-case
basis.Visit us at: www.griffithcompany.netGriffith Company is an
equal opportunity employer and an employee-owned company.
Keywords: Griffith Company, Fullerton , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!