Staff Accountant (Entry Level)
Company: Griffith Company
Posted on: November 20, 2022
At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most
valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work
environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition.
In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking
their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120 year
history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a
dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for
growth abounds.We are seeking an entry level Staff Accountant to
support our Materials Division (D9) and our Environmental Services
Division (D81) by applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP) and critical thinking to the processing and preparation of
the divisions' financials. In addition, the Staff Accountant will
assist the Corporate Accounting function with cash management,
vendor account establishment and deferred revenue reconciliation.
- Materials Division Accounting - including but not limited to
processing Material Sales in JWS/Viewpoint, AP Entry, AP accruals,
royalty calculation, financial reporting, customer credit review,
Preliminary Lien filing and collection calls on past due
- Complete vendor credit applications as required.
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries for General Ledger
and D9/D81 projects.
- Process ownership cost and unit of production
- Process weekly timecards for the D9 and D81 divisions.Specific
Job Knowledge, Skill and AbilityThe individual must possess the
following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain
and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions
of the job.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications,
specifically needing Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Viewpoint Software or an equivalent ERP system
- Experience with JWS ticketing software is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work under
pressure and strict deadlines.Competencies
- Effective communication
- Team player
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Time management/multitasking
- Detail oriented
- Service oriented
- Stress management
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree in Accounting
- 3 + years' experience in a high volume transactional role,
preferably in a Construction or Manufacturing environmentPhysical
- Most time spent in an indoor office environment
- Sitting at a desk for prolonged periods of time
- Occasional lifting of files and boxes up to 20 lbs
- Pushing/pulling of file cabinets
- Extended visual use of a computer screen
- Frequent typing
- Occasional travelCompany Benefits PackageIn addition to
offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees -
including a superior health benefits package - Griffith Company
also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Griffith Company
employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit
from the Company's success. Other benefits include vacation time,
sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject
to eligibility requirements)Relocation assistance will be provided
to candidates outside of the local area on a case-by-case
basis.Visit us at: www.griffithcompany.netGriffith Company is an
equal opportunity employer and an employee-owned company.
Keywords: Griffith Company, Fullerton , Staff Accountant (Entry Level), Accounting, Auditing , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!