Lead Weight and Mass Properties Engineer
Posted on: February 12, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space,
you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Space
and Launch division, Experimental Systems Group (ESG) -is seeking a
Lead Weight and Mass Properties Engineer to provide support to the
X-37B and other proprietary programs. - This position is located in
Seal Beach, CA.**This position offers relocation based on candidate
eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal
- Estimate, calculate and measure/verify mass, center of gravity,
and inertias of components, assemblies and completed vehicles or
- Other responsibilities will be to develop and maintain weight,
balance and mass properties accounting systems and generate
required weight and balance reports, lead development of mass
properties processes and tools, and provide visibility of mass
properties information to integrated product teams and
- Perform in-flight mass properties trades and assessments.
- Support detail and installation drawing release process.
- Work with Responsible Engineers to establish target weights for
component and unit-level specifications.
- Lead mass properties testing from component/unit level through
- Interface with suppliers for mass-properties deliverables.
- Brief mass properties related topics to senior management and
customers.This -position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance
with a SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation), for which the
U.S Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A U.S. Security Clearance
that has been active in the past 24 months is considered
active.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3 years -or -more of experience working with -mass
- Engineering degree.Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- Experience -gathering internal and external customer
requirements and developing innovative solutions for mass
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite of Tools, NX.
- Demonstrated history of generating and approving technical
documentation and reports associated with mass properties.Typical
Education/Experience:Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience,
Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more
years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree
from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer
science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.Boeing -is a Drug
Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
Keywords: Boeing, Fullerton , Lead Weight and Mass Properties Engineer, Engineering , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!