Maintenance Mechanic (1st Shift)
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Position summary: Ensures that machinery in the factory,
including forklift, is in good working condition by scheduling and
providing preventative maintenance and repair. Reports all machine
vendor services and facility problems as they occur to Operations
Support Manufacturing Manager. Essential Functions:
- Prepares preventative maintenance schedules for factory
- Performs preventative maintenance on factory machinery.
- Troubleshoots problems and performs simple repairs on
- Communicates complicated problems to machine manufacturer and
arranges repair visits.
- Overhauls forklift as required.
- Controls non-hazardous and hazardous waste chemicals and
spills, including transport and spill containment, as well as
emergency spill response throughout the facility.
- Reports all machine vender services and facility problems,
including chemical spills, to Operations Support Manufacturing
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job Requirements:Role
Qualifications: Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements: Thorough
understanding of motors and how conventional and CNC machines work.
Mechanical aptitude. Ability to schedule preventative maintenance
for machinery and take responsibility for following the schedule.
Education and Experience: Five years" progressive maintenance
experience, including conventional and CNC machine troubleshooting
and repair. Certified forklift driver. Physical demands and work
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to
finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel,
crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 50 lbs.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and
an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is moderate
to high. The individual will be working in the factory floor which
is in the same building as the office and may be exposed to machine
noise, fumes, dust, odors, outside chip bins, and chemical waste
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Fullerton , Maintenance Mechanic (1st Shift), Engineering , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!