HVAC Controls Technician Brea CA
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: September 19, 2022
At Trane Technologies and through our businesses including Trane
and Thermo King , we create innovative climate solutions for
buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's possible
for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the
world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a
better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive
at work and at home. We boldly go. Compensation range: 30hr-55hr
based on skill set Why Trane Is The Best Company for Sr. Controls
- Trane is recognized world wide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, and smart phone Job Summary: In this position you will be
installing (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing, and
programming environmental control systems. In order to perform your
task you will utilize your knowledge of electronics (board level
troubleshooting), direct digital controls, airflow, hydronics,
refrigeration theory, and building control techniques. You will be
the lead technical person on the project site for Trane.
- Responsible for end to end testing, programming, starting up,
commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Setup the graphical interface and network connections for the
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely
understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by
extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues,
gathering materials and synchronizing onsite work.
- Assists with directing electrical and mechanical subcontractors
with control system installation.
- Assists design team with drawing generation and review.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, interpreting control drawings,
plans, and specifications, to mount, assemble, test, and program
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs direct digital control systems
at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement,
and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining
building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and
coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and
documents all related activities.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation,
operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital
- Maintains accurate project documents and assists with project
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays. Qualifications:
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience is
required. A minimum of 10 years of experience in HVAC/Controls or
equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and
experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complicated mechanical, electrical,
and controls systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex HVAC systems and their
general sequence of operations. Ability to act as subject matter
expert when troubleshooting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to transform system sequence of operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware and software.
Network/IT experience required.
- Previous background in process controls with experience in
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
- Previous background in programming, commissioning and startup
of Siemens, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, or Tridium/Niagara based
controls systems highly desired.
- Control integration experience with LON, BacNet, Modbus, OPC,
or XML a plus
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Knowledge and ability to mentor and lead more junior
technicians and interns.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler
Operator, Gas Installer etc).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including
but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to
noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions,
precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires
employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently
lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move
more than 50 lbs. Additional Requirements and Environmental
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle using a
- Must be able to wear helmets, safety goggles, fall protection
harness and safety boots to safely perform job duties
- Must be able to twist the trunk of your body 90 degrees in each
- Must be able to squat and touch the floor with both hands
- Must be able to reach your hands over your head
- Must be able to stand on concrete surfaces for extended
periods, routinely up to 4 hours
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling and climbing ladders.
It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs.,
frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. and occasionally lift
and/or move more than 40 lbs.
- Must be able to safely use a ladder with a 350 lb. total weight
limit, while carrying equipment of 50 lbs. or less
- Must be able to maneuver confined access areas, as small as 30"
vertical x 45" horizontal
- Must be able to comfortably and routinely access rooftops with
extension and/or fixed ladders at heights of 15' to 20', and
occasionally, up to 50 feet +
- This role may be exposed to variable weather conditions, moving
mechanical parts, heights, risk of electrical shock, noisy
operating equipment and other variable environmental conditions
based on location We are an equal opportunity employer; all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Fullerton , HVAC Controls Technician Brea CA, Engineering , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!