Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Company: Adams Rite Aerospace
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Provides automation engineering leadership and is responsible for
developing and implementing automated and semi-automated
manufacturing solutions across Adams Rite Aerospace Fluids and
Electro-mechanical Hardware product lines. The Manufacturing
Automation Engineer will work with both assembly and machining
operations to develop unique solutions and customize existing
available equipment for multi-disciplinary manufacturing.
- The Manufacturing Automation Engineer (MAE) will lead the
entire life cycle of automation and productivity projects from
opportunity identification to concept/feasibility through
fabrication and manufacturing line validation.
- The MAE will develop scopes of work, interface and solicit
quotations from automation suppliers as well as conducting design
reviews to ensure timely and effective execution of automation and
productivity projects. They will need to be a visionary in the
field of automation and know how to focus automation efforts to
yield the most productive results within the shortest amount of
- The MAE will develop manufacturing solutions with the best
combination of manual, semi-automated or full automation for both
machining and assembly operations.
- The MAE will design the layout of equipment and workspace for
optimum utilization. They will conduct design for automation
analysis and provide detailed recommendations. Role
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- Hands on experience using automation systems and tools
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead productivity projects
from opportunity identification to full implementation in a rapidly
changing, intense, and
demanding manufacturing environment.
- Ability to close issues and achieve results quickly and with a
- Demonstrated experience with lean principles and driving
productivity improvements in a cross-functional setting.
- Excellent communicator and team-builder with strong
interpersonal, project management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding spreadsheet utilization skills along with
proficiency in word processing, presentation and project management
software (MS Office
- Ability to understand and interpret blueprints and engineering
specifications. Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering and 3+ years of experience working in
a machining or assembly manufacturing industry as an Automation
- Experience with aerospace or other highly regulated industry
with high mix, low volume machining and assembly experience is
preferred. Salary range: $90,000 to $120,000
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
To conform with US export regulations and ITAR 120.15 and EAR Part
772, incumbents for this role must be eligible for any required
authorizations from the US government.
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to
finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel,
crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 20 lbs.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and
an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is high. The
individual will be sitting out on the factory floor where they may
be subjected to some machine noise and fumes.
Keywords: Adams Rite Aerospace, Fullerton , Manufacturing Automation Engineer, Engineering , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...