Sr. Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Company: Adams Rite Aerospace
Posted on: December 29, 2018
Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer
The senior quality engineer shall be thoroughly experienced in interpreting customer and internal quality requirements and assuring the existing systems for such are compliant. Interpersonal and customer interface skills are well developed. Capable of presenting ideas and concepts to management in a professional manner. Work with the integrated product teams to deliver business results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, inventory and productivity.
- Develop quality plans and teams with Contracts administration during proposal phase for customer contract/ order reviews.
- Develop and implement quality processes and metrics to drive productivity improvements and business results.
- Collaborate with customers and suppliers on specific quality issues
- Participate in Design reviews, review production documents against customer requirements, quality requirements, inspection, and special gauge or tool requirements.
- Perform as a member of the Change Review Board.
- Review manufacturing planning for incorporation of inspection and test points and determine special gauging requirements.
- Develop inspection planning for receiving, in process, assembly, final and test inspection.
- Design or modify acceptance gauging and approve new gauge design or modifications.
- Conduct internal audits of the Quality system.
- Participate or facilitate customer and AS 9100 audits, perform trend analysis on product issues and corrective actions.
- Review supplier purchase orders, ratings and corrective actions.
- Conduct training to quality processes as needed.
- Lead Material Review Board (MRB) and understanding of technical drawings and documents. Knowledge of GD&T preferred. Qualifications
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
Ability to close issues and achieve results quickly and with a detail focus. Continually improve manufacturing processes and Identify, drive, mentor, and implement projects that improve overall production quality. Demonstrated ability to support the operations in a rapidly changing, intense, and demanding environment. Strong analytical and communication skills; both written and verbal. Experience in use of mechanical and/or electrical inspection techniques and good understanding of Quality systems, Lean manufacturing principles, FOD, ESD and problem solving. Fluent with quality concepts and systems. Proficiency in MS Office applications like word, excel & power point.
Education and Experience:
B.S. Degree in Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Engineering or related technical discipline. Minimum 7 years of experience in the Quality Assurance/Quality Control field. Minimum of 5 years of high mix, low volume machining and mechanical assembly experience. ASQ Certifications and aerospace experience preferred.
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is moderate. The factory floor is in the same building as the office. Disclaimer
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
FLSA Status : Exempt
Keywords: Adams Rite Aerospace, Fullerton , Sr. Manufacturing Quality Engineer, Engineering , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!