Experienced, Flight Management Systems Service Engineer
Posted on: January 9, 2020
Boeing Commercial Airline, Customer Support is currently seeking an
Experienced, Systems Service Engineer with broad knowledge of
Boeing flight management system design and engineering principles.
The primary responsibility in this role will be addressing and
resolving in-service issues related to airplane flight management
systems. In this role, you will also be tasked with: working
directly with airline customers to analyze complex flight
management system issues, developing and performing tests to ensure
system designs meet operational and functional requirements, and
monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and
compliance with requirements. The position requires flexibility to
address emergent issues and important airline meetings off-hours
and may require an occasional off-shift work schedule to support
the fleet operating 24/7/365.This position is located in Seal
Beach, CA and is in a location that offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility.This is a Non-Union represented position -
- Assessing and resolving product/process issues through the
- Leading research of technical, operational and quality issues
that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Designing and/or providing analysis of interim and final
engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue service.
- Working with and possibly directing cross-functional teams to
conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex
- Assesses complex system events reports to determine potential
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Oversees documentation of hardware- and software-related
- Participates in and may lead activities for on-site disabled
product repair teams.
- Participates in accident investigation support teams.
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation
and maintenance of equipment.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of
fielded hardware and software over the entire product
- Leads analysis and translation of complex requirements into
system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface
- Works with others to develop program test strategies.
- Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system
integration and compliance with requirements.
- Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to
- Provides critical support of fielded hardware and software over
the entire product life-cycle.At Boeing, we are all innovators on a
mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed
to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that
shapes the world. Find your future with us.Typical Education &
Experience:Education/experience typically acquired through advanced
technical education from an accredited course of study in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
(e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work
experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and
experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Basic
Qualifications (Required skills and experience):This position must
meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US
Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. "US Person"
includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Bachelor of engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics, or chemistry.
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 on-call rotation environment
to support the needs of the customer.
- 5+ years of full time aerospace industry experience with
Avionics, Flight Management System and Electrical SystemsPreferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills and experience):
- Flight management systems flight simulation experience
(desktop, fixed, and/or motion based).
- Flight management systems experience with Boeing or McDonnell
Douglas commercial airplane models.Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace
where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing
for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol
when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Fullerton , Experienced, Flight Management Systems Service Engineer, Executive , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!