National Category Director
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: September 14, 2022
About The Company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in
retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our
team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a
retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in
the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and
delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing
approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution
centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices.
We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the
Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco,
Shaw's and many more recognizable names.
What You Will Be Doing
The National Category Director will report to the National Category
Vice President (and up through the Senior Vice President of
Merchandising) and will be responsible for developing and managing
merchandising strategy for a given category(s). As a Category
Director, you will serve as the leader of a category pod, a team
made up of merchants from each division with whom you will
collaborate and lead merchandising planning activities for your
The position will be in one of our Division offices (Bellevue WA,
Clackamas OR, Pleasanton CA, Fullerton CA, Phoenix AZ, Denver CO,
Itasca IL, Arlington TX, Lanham, MD, Malvern PA, Lubbock, TX, or
West Bridgewater MA) or in our national headquarters (Boise
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and a successful
track record of delivering results. They hold a curious mindset,
are innovative and bring creativity to improving processes with a
keen eye for efficiency and automation. They want to be part of a
team that will lead a retail transformation, build an amazing
culture, and drive the overall success of the company.
What we are searching for:
- Field or relevant business experience where a solid
understanding of marketing, merchandising, consumer research, and
financial management practices have been gained
- Excellent understanding of store operations, merchandising
methodologies and practices, and P&L and financial
- Strong quantitative, marketing, merchandising, and consumer
research background to read, interpret, and understand how internal
and external factors influence financial results
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and experience
in taking initiative and making decisive yet appropriate
- Strong planning, facilitating, and organizing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as
excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective
relationships within and outside the company
- Strategy development skills
- Proven track record of being a strong negotiator
- Skilled in Category Business Planning
- Able to effectively lead a collaborative process with multiple
- Understanding of procurement, logistics, and inventory
We believe the successful candidate has these qualifications and
- 3+ years of category management experience. 5+ years'
experience in the grocery industry.
- 5+ years' experience managing people.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience with a related
degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Up to 40% travel depending on location
- Proficiency with merchandising tools (e.g., Periscope, Demand
Tech, I2E, BI Dashboards, GOLD, OMNI, IRI, Nielsen, Mintel,
What is it like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Fullerton , National Category Director, Executive , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!