Medical Records Clerk
Company: ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Posted on: January 15, 2020
* Scan patient medical records into EHR (Electronic Health Records)
system, maintaining a two-week ahead of appointment date schedule
for established patients.
* Assist with EHR maintenance.
* Retrieve authorization requests from Practice Manager's Message
* Request authorizations for patients' follow-up appointments with
* Assist in scheduling all doctor referral appointments upon
receipt of Authorizations from primary doctor.
* Scan incoming faxed authorizations from the HMO group into our
EHR system in a timely manner.
* Assist the Assistant Manager with clerical duties related to
AR/AP (accounts receivable/payable) preparation for billing
* Assist the Assistant Manager with Medicare (CMS) Reporting
(Macra/MIPS), keeping track of MIPS Report Cards and reconciling
discrepancies in a timely manner.
* Pull and re-file all patient charts for: upcoming appointments (2
weeks prior to scheduled appointment), scanning purposes,
maintenance purposes (such as shredding maintenance), and, as
needed, by all departments when required. Merging files as
* Maintain neatness of all patient medical file cabinets, scanning
work areas and lobby areas.
* Assist front office with front office duties, such as: answering
phones, scheduling and confirming appointments, verifying
insurance, check-in/out, prepping, sorting and distributing mail
and other front office duties, as needed.
* Assist with printing, preparing, labeling and assigning postage
to patient recalls as needed.
* Maintain re-submission/filing of returned recall postcards.
* Assist in closing and opening of front office when needed.
* Complete other tasks as assigned by Practice Administrator,
Assistant Manager, or Medical Director.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions
based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments
are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age,
ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other
protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants,
including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Keywords: ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Fullerton , Medical Records Clerk, Healthcare , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!