RN First Assistant - General Surgery *Sign-On Bonus $20,000*
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: January 13, 2022
We are looking for a Registered Nurse First Assistant for the
General Surgery Department at St. Jude Medical Center $20,000
Sign-On Bonus . Location: Fullerton, CA Work Schedule: Full time -
72 Biweekly Hours Shift: 12-hour, Days Apply Today! Applicants that
meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional
questions from our Modern Hire system. Job Summary: The Registered
Nurse First Assistant independently uses the nursing process to
safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for patient requiring
surgical intervention. Uses information from a variety of sources
to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate
patient's plan of care. The Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA)
collaborates with the surgeon and the healthcare team to perform a
safe operative procedure with an optimal outcome for the patient.
This individual renders direct patient care as defined by the RNFA
Standardized Procedure and maintains practice privileges through
the Medical Staffing office. When not providing assisting services,
the RNFA will perform circulating and/or scrub duties as assigned.
- Facilitates patient care through effective communication.
- Develops and maintains therapeutic and effective relationships
with patient/family and the health care team.
- Delegates care appropriately.
- Participates in Shared Governance/ Participative
- Independently uses the nursing process to safely,
therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses
information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement,
identify outcomes and evaluate patient 's plan of care.
- Under the supervision of the surgeon, assists with patient
positioning, skin preparation, draping, wounds exposure, handling
of tissue, using instruments, suturing, providing hemostasis.
Suction, clamping and effective knot tying and/or other wound
closure techniques. Accurately anticipates the surgeon 's need and
selects appropriate method for exposure of the surgical site.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with
patients, patients' families, and ancillary departments.
- Good math skills and basic computer data entry skills.
- Current clinical skills of unit specific type patients.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to organize and prepare
nursing care plans, implement effective nursing care, and develop
solutions to patient care problems.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when
performing professional nursing care and dealing with patients and
families often under intense situations.
- Proficient in required competencies upon completion of
orientation, as listed on the unit specific orientation and
competency assessment form; may also be listed on performance
- Ability to coordinate and delegate team activities.
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related
to staffing and scheduling.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use, troubleshoot and
maintain specialty equipment.
- Demonstrates commitment toward customer satisfaction and
- Demonstrates behavior that supports a culture based on
innovation, openness, integrity, trust and mutual respect.
- Maintains Code of Ethics for Nurses. Minimum Position
- Hired prior to 1/1/11 (and rehired after 1/1/11): Graduate from
nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor 's
Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree - Hired on/after 1/1/11: Graduate from
nursing school with a minimum of a Bachelor 's Degree in
- Hired as a result of a unit transfer from Heritage:Graduate
from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor
's Degree in Nursing
- Hired as a ministry transfer: Currently enrolled in a BSN
program with an expected graduation date within 6 months of hire.
Experience : 3 years Diversified perioperative Nursing experience.
- Current CA Registered Nurse License.
- American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider.
- American Heart Association ACLS Health Care Provider.
- RN First Assisting Certificate.
- CNOR (Certified Nurse Operating Room). Preferred Position
Qualifications: Experience : 2 years Diversified RNFA experience.
- Professional Nursing Organization Membership.
- CRNFA (Certified RN First Assistant). St. Jude Medical Center
is a faith-based, non-profit, 384-bed, tertiary care facility, and
is one of Southern California's most-respected and
technologically-advanced hospitals. With nearly 700 of the area's
finest physicians on staff, St. Jude offers nearly every medical
specialty and sub-specialty. Whether for the birth of a baby,
life-saving surgery or a routine mammogram, St. Jude continues to
set the standard for medical care and offers the community the most
comprehensive array of services and programs.St. Jude Medical
Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, St. Jude Medical Center
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as -on
call/per diem - refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled
on as -as needed basis - to fill in for staff vacancies. Company:
St. Jude Medical Center Category: Surgical Services (Intraop) Req
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Fullerton , RN First Assistant - General Surgery *Sign-On Bonus $20,000*, Healthcare , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!