RN II - Step Down Unit
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are looking for a Registered Nurse II for the Step Down Unit
Department at St. Jude Medical Center. Up to $20,000 Hiring Bonus
for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for
payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and
compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first
day of employment. Location: Fullerton, CA Work Schedule: Full time
- 72 Biweekly Hours Shift: 12-hour, Nights Job Summary: The RN
independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically
and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from
a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes
and evaluate patient's plan of care. Essential Functions:
- Facilitates patient care through effective communication
- Develops and maintains therapeutic and effective relationships
with patient/family and the health care team
- Delegates care appropriately
- Participates in Shared Governance/Participative Leadership
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related
to staffing and scheduling.
- Step Down Unit (4N-CCU/SDU, 601001-F01):
- Demonstrates knowledge/ability to use/interpret results of
equipment in the area i.e. EKG strips.
- Appropriately manages the patient with temporary pacemaker.
Recognized normal and abnormal functioning, and accurately adjusts
the rate, milli-amperage or polarity of a temporary pace maker in
accordance with the physicians specific orders. Minimum Position
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, graduate from nursing school
(Hired on/after 1/1/11), or hired prior to 1/1/11 (and rehired
after 1/1/11): Graduate from nursing school with a diploma,
Associate Degree, or Bachelor 's Degree in Nursing.
- Hired as a result of a unit transfer from Heritage: Graduate
from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor
's Degree in Nursing.
- Hired as a ministry transfer: Currently enrolled in a BSN
program with an expected graduation date within 6 months of hire.
Experience : 1 year acute care experience. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current CA Registered Nurse License.
- American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Preferred Position
- Professional Nursing Organization Membership.
- PCCN. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will
receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
system. St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit,
384-bed, tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern
California's most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals.
With nearly 700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude
offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether
for the birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine
mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the standard for medical care
and offers the community the most comprehensive array of services
and programs.St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
St. Jude Medical Center complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as -on
call/per diem - refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled
on as -as needed basis - to fill in for staff vacancies. Company:
St. Jude Medical Center Category: Critical Care Nursing Req ID:
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Fullerton , RN II - Step Down Unit, Healthcare , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!