Wound Care Coordinator RN Full Time
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Posted on: November 19, 2022
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human
experience to every patient, every family member, every employee,
every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in
guiding our work every day.
$10,000 Sign On Bonus
Job Summary: The Wound Care Coordinator manages the facility wound
care program including standards of care and practice related to
wound, ostomy, and continence patient care needs. In addition, will
provide direct patient care and assistance to staff nurses, and act
as consultative service to affiliated healthcare agencies.
- Develops and implements the facility wound care program in
conjunction with the national standardization process, to include
patient care protocols, documentation tools, wound care formulary
and WCC referral criteria.
- Establishes standards of care, competencies, policies and
procedures in quality, cost efficient and effective wound care for
all clinical staff.
- Acts as primary consultant to Wound Care Clinicians. Serves as
a consultant to facility staff and advocates with physicians;
through training and support, enables clinical staff to effectively
assess wounds, recommend appropriate protocols, and initiate plans
- Evaluates all wounds upon admission and ongoing to determine
treatment plan and provide early problem identification.
- Provides consultation and/or assessment on patients with
pressure ulcers. Consults on any wound that does not show
measurable signs of healing within two weeks.
- In consultation with the physician, assists the primary nurse
in developing an appropriate plan of care for comprehensive wound
- Makes recommendations to the physician for changes to wound
care orders and provides evidence based research support as
- Reviews charts of patients with wounds. Ensures that wound
assessments, care plans, and treatments are clearly and correctly
documented and that appropriate wound related treatments are being
provided. Investigates all cases with adverse events related to
- Participates in clinical outcome monitoring, follow-up and
agency performance improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with Support Center Clinical Operations staff to
maintain a cost-effective wound care formulary.
- Evaluates products and cost effectiveness for use in hospital,
- Reviews and develops with all involved disciplines plan for
- Evaluates culture results and conference with physicians on
Plan of Care.
- Educates staff on products available for use in hospital
(in-service staff PRN). Educates families on care of
- Participates in business development activities to promote
Kindred Healthcare facilities as the provider of choice for wound
- Involved in marketing the wound care program through outcomes
and relationships with physicians.
- Degree from an accredited program leading to licensures as a
- Current state RN license.
- Professional certification WOCN or CWS, or obtain certification
within 12 months of employment. BLS required.
- Five (5) years licensed professional nursing experience with
previous experience as an acute care nurse.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Fullerton , Wound Care Coordinator RN Full Time, Healthcare , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!