Ambulatory Care Department Supervisor RN, Urgent Care (Mission Viejo)
Posted on: March 19, 2023
During one 8 hour shift, provides first-line operational
supervision for assigned functional area of responsibility (e.g.,
MOB primary or specialty care department, urgent care,
day/evening/night shift in emergency medicine department). Ensures
that healthcare staff delivering ambulatory care/patient services
provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care and patient -
focused services to members that comply with Kaiser Permanente
standards as well as with local, state and federal requirements.
Within assigned area: implements, supervises/monitors and maintains
clinical practice and quality management standards, budgets and
- In assigned area/function, supervises the operations and
delivery of patient care services.
- Ensures staff provide highest quality of care which complies
with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, federal/state/local
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative
relationships with physicians and other departments.
- Collaborates with nursing and other departments to resolve
patient care issues, meet access demands, provide convenient hours
of operation, improve the cost structure and develop consistent
policies and procedures.
- Supervises and maintains patient care and quality service
standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and
patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource
allocations and financial performance and identifies and recommends
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
- Supervises use and maintenance of equipment, supplies and
- Assists managers/assistant managers in developing and
maintaining the competency of all department staff.
- Supervises and monitors the implementation of departmental
polices and procedures which support the goals and business
objectives of the department and organization.
- Collaborates with physicians, department chief and nursing
manager in developing the appropriate level of patient services and
the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Measuring and improving internal and external customer
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor
relations, employee and department safety, and risk management
- Minimum one (1) years of clinical nursing experience in
outpatient care required or other relevant clinical experience
- Minimum one (1) years of supervisory or leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care related field such
as management OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- AHA BLS required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other
local, state, federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Clinical specialization in area of practice (e.g., pediatrics)
- Experience in UCC preferred.
- May work at any of the 3 UCCs in OC.
- Start/End times may vary based on operational needs.
- Rotating weekends/Holidays.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners, RN
Keywords: Kaiser, Fullerton , Ambulatory Care Department Supervisor RN, Urgent Care (Mission Viejo), Healthcare , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...