Field HR Generalist
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
As a Field HR Generalist, you will be strategically located to
partner with the business leaders and associates at our largest
and/or most complex sites. Reporting to the District HR Manager,
you will be the face of HR at the site(s) you support, assisting
front line associates with day-to-day questions and concerns,
partnering with management on associate centric initiatives, and
supporting HR functions such as onboarding, employee/labor
relations, investigations, trainings, recruiting, HR transactions
and administrative HR responsibilities.
Our HR function is undergoing an exciting transformation to better
support a high growth, dynamic business. The HR Generalist role is
a newly created position intended support the business in three key
pillars within the HR function: Business Partnership, Employee &
Labor Relations, and HR Support. Other duties will be assigned as
• Counsel and coach leaders/managers on associate coaching,
counseling, and performance management.
• Manage and facilitate new hire orientation process to ensure a
positive onboarding experience.
• Partner with the local HR team, local business leaders and Talent
Acquisition to meet headcount goals and participate in creating and
executing recruiting strategies.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Participate in the planning and execution of special activities
• Act as a liaison between corporate CoE's and managers and
employees, such as supporting with open enrollment or problem
solving payroll issues.
• May conduct HR audits to ensure compliance and protect the
business from certain employment risks.
• Participate on employee engagement committee and contribute to
goals of enhancing employee engagement.
Employee & Labor Relations:
• Serve as a primary contact for general employee requests for
information on HR policies and procedures; provide feedback and
follow-up in a timely manner.
• Conduct confidential investigations into associate complaints and
sensitive work-related issues, partnering or escalating to the HR
Manager as appropriate.
• Partner with the business as needed for associate termination
process and conduct exit interviews.
• Present a courteous, professional and helpful demeanor to all
associates, leaders, visitors and any other person encountered
while representing Americold.
• If supporting a union site:
o Gather information as needed for the preparation of grievance
responses or contract negotiations.
o Contribute to creating and maintaining overall positive relations
with the local union representatives.
o Serve as a primary contact on associate or management questions
regarding the CBA.
• Initiate job requisitions, track submissions and provide follow
up as needed.
• May be responsible for submitting all electronic HR transactions
• Ensure all HR documentation is processed timely and accurately
(Personnel files, I-9 documentation, E-Verify, HRIS transactions,
compliance records, etc.)
• Partner with the Payroll/HRIS department to troubleshoot and
resolve data entry issues/concerns.
• Compile and analyze various HR reports.
• Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper
• Serve as back up for HR Associate or Office Manager's HR
• May be responsible for processing payroll or serve as payroll
• Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred. Associates' Degree or High School
Diploma and applicable experience may be substituted in lieu of a
• 3-5 Years human resources experience or a combination of human
resources and other relevant professional experience.
• Verbal and written fluency in Spanish may be preferred or
required in certain markets.
• Excellent computer skills. Strong experience with the utilization
of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong functional use of a HRIS system required.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Maintains working knowledge of employment laws including, but not
limited to the DOL, FLSA, ADA and EEOC.
• Broad knowledge of human resources as it relates to benefits,
training and development; hiring and recruitment; safety and
worker's compensation; wage administration and compliance.
• Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems and procedures.
• Excellent customer service orientation.
• Ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
• High-energy individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced
• Strong organizational skills, detailed oriented, ability to
multi-task and willingness to take on new projects; and/or to
initiate appropriate projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with
various levels of internal staff and external candidates.
• Capable of working collaboratively in a team environment.
• Must be able to uphold confidentiality at all times.
• Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have strong work ethic.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Travel may be required (up to 25%).
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane
• May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete
objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW
Keywords: Americold, Fullerton , Field HR Generalist, Human Resources , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!