Middle Market Payroll Specialist
Posted on: May 15, 2023
Middle Market Payroll Specialist Hybrid work schedule
Requirements: Under moderate supervision and moderate
- Creates and maintains Middle Market client relationships which
support Insperity"s revenue, expense and growth targets.
- Onboards and maintains assigned clients with various client
company structures and in multiple states/localities to payroll and
related services ensuring accurate and timely implementation.
- Analyzes payroll data supplied by clients for accuracy and
completeness, inputs and balances payroll data accurately,
processes payroll, and reviews/analyzes payroll reports for
accuracy and distributes to clients timely.
- Ensures accurate compliance with payroll laws and regulations
for Insperity and the client.
- Serves as active contributor to ongoing book of business
meetings with key internal business partners to ensure tactical and
strategy opportunities are shared and incorporated into payroll and
human resources service delivery.
- Travels to client worksites to participate in client meetings,
deliver training, discuss recommendations for improvement and/or
answer questions to address client needs and support clients"
perception of the value derived from Insperity"s services.
Maintains flexibility in schedule to accommodate clients"
- Serves as mentor, subject matter expert and knowledge resource
for Field Payroll Operations personnel.
- Supports client satisfaction indicators via quality service
checks among clients and service observations performed by
supervisor to ensure client satisfaction.
- Researches, gathers and analyzes client needs pertaining to
payroll processing, reporting, related Insperity services and
day-to-day operations for assigned clients.
- Maintains knowledge of a business" financial operation relating
to payroll and accounting for middle market sized business
operations from an owner/payroll contact/on-site supervisor/CPA
perspective to make business decisions and gives guidance to
- Identifies payroll service solutions to streamline or enhance
the payroll service delivery to clients and makes recommendations
for improvements to processes and policies while maintaining
compliance with applicable laws and regulations applicable to
payroll processing and administration.
- Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and
accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Maintains knowledge in federal, state and local payroll
administration laws, regulations and best practices.
- Provides customer focused interaction ensuring timely response
and effective follow-up on client and/or internal requests and/or
- Provides ongoing and timely communication to payroll teammates,
payroll supervisor and service teams on the status of relationship
with client, and alerts appropriate internal departments with
information pertinent to the maintenance of the client
- Participates in testing of new payroll processes and
- Acts as back-up to supervisor and provides project
- Acts as back-up for other payroll functions as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor"s
Degree is preferred.
- Six to eight years of experience in payroll administration or
related field are required. Minimum of two years Insperity or PEO
industry payroll experience are preferred. LICENSES /
- No licenses or certifications are required.
- CPP Certification preferred. KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Strong proficiency and experience in payroll administration and
practices, and knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll laws
- Customer service skills in a team environment
- Expertise in collaborating with multiple functional experts to
ensure high quality, unified service delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership behaviors with peers and other
- Able to effectively interact with multiple internal and
external business units.
- Strong time management, organizational and facilitation skills
with experience handling multiple task/activities in an efficient
and timely manner.
- Exhibits good stewardship of monetary resources.
- Understands various HR disciplines and their role and impact on
business as it relates to payroll, benefits, taxation, accounting,
employment documentation, employment and general HR practices.
- Demonstrates effective business communication skills to
facilitate high service value and service recovery with
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in
writing, with all levels of the organization and maintains
effective work relations with those encountered in the course of
employment. Able to communicate to a wide audience on the technical
applications of payroll as applied to business and accounting as
well as with client contacts for change management in practices and
processes that do not support compliance with local, state or
federal law pertaining to payroll and labor practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated
ability to learn other application programs as needed.
- Principles, practices and procedures of general business
including modern office methods, practices, procedures, and
equipment, clerical methods, techniques, and filing systems.
Keywords: Insperity, Fullerton , Middle Market Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...