Legal Compliance Manager
Company: Stanley Black and Decker
Posted on: April 9, 2021
SUMMARYReporting to the Senior Aerospace Counsel, the Legal
Compliance Manager will provide leadership, direction, and
development of a comprehensive program for achieving, implementing
and maintaining compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations
(FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
requirements and industry best practices, including systems,
policies, processes and procedures to direct all US Government
contract and subcontract related activities. Build and train a
Compliance Council of government contracting and subcontracting
experts. Duties encompass the development and implementation of
processes associated with proposal engagement, contract
administration and close out of government contracts and
subcontracts. This role is responsible for assisting in all matters
involving government contractual agreements and obligations
ensuring that the organization complies with all relevant
regulations, terms and conditions. Experience in government
contracts and subcontracts in the US Government supply chain is a
position requirement.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for government contracts and
compliance with all applicable US Government regulations, including
FARs and DFARS for the sale of commercial and developmental
- Prepare certifications and other documentation related to
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of FARs, DFARS, ITAR and
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of government programs,
contracts and subcontracts.
- Act as liaison with Company personnel interfacing with
representatives within the United States Department of Defense
(DoD), including the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and
Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) to resolve issues.
- Develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and
obstacles in regulatory compliance.
- Assist in the preparation, administration and status of
appropriate documents for regulatory certifications and performance
of contracts on governmental programs.
- Update the Company's compliance policies and procedures and
provide training to all affected functions within the Company.
- Review and audit policies and procedures to create
sustainability of compliance programs.
- Other duties may be assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- None.SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. Government regulations (FAR, DFARS,
ITAR, EAR, OFAC) is required.
- Experience with US Government regulation compliance programs is
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is
- Ability to influence across functions and interact with
individuals at all levels.
- Strong organizational and work management skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and assess legal risk and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and the
ability to concentrate is required.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal
- The ability to get along with others and to be part of a
- Ability to access DoD and other regulatory
information.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university;
with experience in managing legal compliance with FARs, DFARS and
other state and federal regulations and a minimum of 10 + years
work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.This job description in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be
required to follow any other job-related instructions and to
perform any other job-related duties requested by any person
authorized to give instructions or assignments.This document does
not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other
than an "at will" relationship.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
- Certification from an accredited body is a plus (e.g. National
Contracts Management Association CFCM)WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL
DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Work performed remotely and/or in office and factory
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about
facilities. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Stanley Black and Decker, Fullerton , Legal Compliance Manager, Legal , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!