Warehouse and Transportation Trainee (Part-Time)
Company: Dole Food Company
Posted on: January 13, 2020
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Primary duties: Training with Dole shipping and transportation
personnel. Responsible for learning the business responsibilities
and computer systems necessary to become a functional warehouse and
transportation assistant. Will eventually be called upon to fill in
when warehouse personnel are out of the office.
Secondary duties: Check the quality of fruit, assist inventory
inspections/issues when they arise.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Receive, ship, and maintain daily inventory of fresh pineapple
using various computer systems.
* JDE One World Sales and Distribution Program
* Transship Traceability
* Equipment Control System
* Using daily orders sheets, coordinate the arrival of product from
ports with the loaders, dispatchers, truckers, and sales personnel
to ensure proper distribution of varieties and sizes.
* Communicate issues in a timely fashion.
* Coordinate the movement of pineapple containers from ports
directly to customers or to warehouses utilizing various
* Coordinate daily with satellite staff on sales orders for their
* Update on all changes as made by sales staff.
* Interact with satellite warehouses in South San Francisco and
* Other duties and tasks as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience
* Intermediate MS Word and Excel office skills
* Ability to properly use safety equipment and work in a safe and
* Ability to work under-pressure and demonstrate excellent customer
* Strong interpersonal skills- flexible, diplomatic and works well
in a team environment.
* Functional Expertise
Ability to perform basic, repetitive and manual activities.
* Business Expertise
Understands how assigned duties relate to others in the team and
how the team integrates with others.
* Problem Solving
Uses existing procedures to perform straightforward tasks.
Has no supervisory responsibilities.
Impacts own work.
* Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
Requires effective verbal and written communication skills and
common courtesy. Ability to work well in a team, while effectively
communicating professionally at all levels.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Sales personnel, Warehouse Managers, Quality Managers,
Production Managers, Forward warehouse managers.
External: Warehouse personnel and truck drivers
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Prefer 5 year s work experience in a warehouse setting
* Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) desired
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to walk; sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk
* Noise level of the environment is often loud and includes working
around heavy equipment
* The employee must be able to:
* Lift and move 50 lb. boxes of bananas
* Work in- and outdoors all seasons
* Work in a warehouse setting or field location
* Work around heavy equipment and in high places
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed
to wet and/or humid conditions; cold and
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
* Part-time/20 hours per week (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
EEO STATEMENT: All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or on the basis of disability.
Fullerton, California, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment
opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and
other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Keywords: Dole Food Company, Fullerton , Warehouse and Transportation Trainee (Part-Time), Other , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!