Experienced Satellite Flight Systems Engineer
Posted on: February 5, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space,
you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.Boeing Defense, Space, and Security is
seeking an Experienced Satellite Flight System Engineer to develop
flight systems on complex satellite systems: Attitude Control
Subsystem (ACS), Autonomy System (AS), Command and Data Handling
Subsystem (C&DH) and Mission Systems Engineering and Operations
(MSEO). This position will focus on developing requirements
definition and flow down, systems design and analysis, systems
integration, test and design validation, verification, and writing
satellite operating procedure and support satellite operations.
This position is located in El Segundo, CA.**This position offers
relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is
available for internal candidates.**Primary Responsibilities:
- Develops optimal subsystem designs, performing requirements
definition and flowdown, creating operational concepts and
products, developing interface requirements, and performing
verification and validation.
- Resolves technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and
system are flight worthy prior to delivery.
- Creates tools and techniques to optimize, analyze, and validate
- Develops solutions with cross-functional teams to assure
mission success and presenting those findings to customer and
- Performs trade studies to meet program requirements.
- Drives technology roadmaps.This position requires an active
U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background
Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within
the last 5 years. - - A U.S. Security Clearance that has been
active in the past 24 months is considered active.Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Aerospace or Electrical Engineering.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Space Systems Engineering.
- Experience developing solutions to complex technical
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Experience working with C/C++.
- Experience working with MATLAB and VBA tool development.Typical
Education & Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically -5 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD with related work experience, Master+3
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Boeing
-is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees
are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: Boeing, Fullerton , Experienced Satellite Flight Systems Engineer, Other , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!