(2nd Shift) Machine Operator
Posted on: February 14, 2020
This full time position is located in Fullerton, California;
however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case
you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.We are
looking for a passionate (2nd Shift) Machine Operator who wants to
help the world thrive! Position Purpose and Job Description:The
purpose of this position is to operate various machines on the
production line. Persons in this position are responsible for
operating a variety of machinery while following all GMP's, food
safety and quality policies and procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands
and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is
occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee
must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently
lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally
exposed to extreme heat during summer months. The noise level in
the work environment is often very loud, so hearing protection will
- Operates and troubleshoots fill room and various packaging
machines that may or may not be automated.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable
conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly
condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as
- Helps in other areas whenever needed per supervisors
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and
assistance with regard to machine set-up.
- Complete various paper records and perform other duties as
assigned by supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
The tasks listed below represent duties that may be required for
this position:Tank line-up, Spill Cleanup, Filler Operation,
Palletizer Operation, Capper Operation, Changeover, Slip-sheet
procedures, Line Purging Procedures, Tasks involving paperwork,
Conveyor Operation, Label Machine Operation, Box Maker Machine
Operation, Metal Detector Operation, Sampling Procedures,
Relabeling Procedures, Filter Changing Procedures and Additive
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on
possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work
in a production facility.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including
bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling
and pounding with hammer.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as
extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Able to operate machinery.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different
- Ability to work overtime.
- At least 6 months of experience in production related work.
- Able to operate heavy equipment.
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Forklift certified.
- Proficient in SAP and/or MII
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant
- Basic mechanical knowledge, including use of hand tools
- Proven ability to behave in accordance with Cargill values and
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of standard office
- Demonstrated strong mathematical and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively
with co-workers and customers.
Keywords: CARGILL, Fullerton , (2nd Shift) Machine Operator, Other , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!