Patient Access Representative
Posted on: January 12, 2021
- Activate patients in the system of record upon arrival on the
date of service and assist patients and customers in navigating
throughout the hospital facility.
- Verify patient insurance; read and understand responses from
automated financial clearance tool and take appropriate action,
including referrals to Patient Access Specialist or Financial
Counselor, as appropriate.
- Ensure that required/applicable forms and documents are
presented and explained at time of registration (e.g., Patient
Rights and Responsibilities, Advance Directives, - ---Important
Patient Information, etc.).
- Obtain all necessary patient signatures at time of
- Perform collections and cashiering functions when
- Ensure that financially cleared patients go directly to the
area of service in order to receive treatment; refer patients to
Financial Counseling when appropriate.
- Obtain all information necessary to perform benefits
verification for unscheduled visits.
- Coordinate with bed placement and ensure appropriate patient
type and status changes are performed in a timely manner.
- Confirm and document insurance eligibility of patient coverage
benefits, including coverage limits, number of days, patient
responsibility, effective dates, and follow-up with patient and/or
referring physician office in the event of failed eligibility.
- Daily focus on attaining productivity standards; recommend new
approaches for enhancing performance and productivity when
- Coordinate discharge processing with financial counseling, Case
Management, and clinicians.
- Assist patients with on-site customer service functions (e.g.,
billing, medical record, and collection inquiries) by coordinating
with other revenue cycle functions and departments.
- Collect, log, and store patient valuables in accordance with
SJHS security policies prior to patient service.
- Act as a knowledgeable resource on Registration and Financial
Clearance functions for department staff. (e.g., answer account
questions, assist with new staff training, etc. Serve as the
ambassador between the hospital and all patients and visitors,
promoting a customer-friendly environment.Skills:Patient
registration, Data entry, Medical terminologyTop Skills Details:Top
3 Skills:- Admitting Experience- Insurance Verification- Data
EntryAdditional Skills & Qualifications:- 2+ years of healthcare
experience working with patient access or registration-->
hospital or physician related (hospital/provider preferred)-
Customer service is a MUST - candidates will be interacting with
internal employees from physicians to C-Suite Executives- EPIC
experience HIGHLY preferredExperience Level:Expert Level About
Aerotek:We know that a company's success starts with its employees.
We also know that an individual's success starts with the right
career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader,
Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for
our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since
1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and
staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices,
Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract
employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis
Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at
Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Fullerton , Patient Access Representative, Other , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!