Posted on: May 2, 2021
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reading and understanding job jacket and work
instruction information pertaining to a production order before
- Sets up rewind machine to cut and rewind specific counts per
- Runs orders, fills out core labels to identify order, and
stacks orders on carts.
- Keeps orders separated by size, city, UPC or plant
- Checks rolls while running for misprinting; report error to
pressman and supervisor.
- Cuts out "bad" labels on rolls and splices rolls.
- Directs errors to rework area.
- Rotates through rework area to rework "bad" rolls.
- Clean rewind machine or turret machine as needed.
- Operate turret machine.
- Must be able to accurately operate a high speed machine to cut,
count and wind rolls to customer specifications.
- Ability to use work instructions and job jacket information to
determine quantity of chipboard required for production job and
number sheet requirements for combination runs.
- Assist in set-up on jogging machine for jogging, heat tunnel,
- Ability to jog stock and remove defective stock prior to stock
- Responsible for removing labels that are wrinkled, out of
register, or have other defects prior to labels being cut, wrapped,
- Understand the vision system and is able to perform tasks
within the vision system.
- Use vision to produce outer carton labels and place on
appropriate boxes for production run, quantity and product; place
outer product label on correct box.
- Responsible for inspecting all finished packs of product for
defects, excess scrap, incorrect polywrap, etc.
- Ability to ensure the correct labels are placed in the correct
box without mixing up labels in the box.
- Ability to understand and follow all customer specifications
and SOPs for boxing of production jobs. Responsible for
transporting finished skid to the shipping department. Duties may
be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualifications and
Education Requirements: High school diploma or general education
degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to accurately operate a high speed machine to cut,
count and wind rolls to customer specifications. Preferred Skills:
- Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and order picker (will be
- Strong mathematical, measurement calculation knowledge and
experience and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Spreadsheet and Word
- Strong initiative, problem-solving, and resourcefulness.
Practice & sustain Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures Schedule:
Thursday through Saturday and every other Wednesday 3am-3pm
Payrate: $17 an hour Why Kelly -- ? You're looking to keep your
career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just
that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier
companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive.
Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit
right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It
all adds up. About Kelly -- At Kelly, we're always thinking about
what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to
reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton
of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is
what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide
variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the
world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly, Fullerton , Rewinder, Other , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!