Change Management Consultant - 1898 & Co. (Brea)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The consulting arm of Burns & McDonnell, 1898 and Co. So. Cal
branch is seeking a full-time Change Management Consultant, based
in Southern California, with experience in Technology
Implementations and/or asset data management implementations in the
utility industry. The Change Management Consultant will play a key
role in ensuring client projects (change initiatives) meet
objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption
and usage. This key resource will focus on the people side of
change - including changes to business processes, systems and
technology, job roles, and organizational structures. The primary
responsibility will be creating and implementing change management
strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and
minimize resistance. The Change Management Consultant will work to
drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization, and greater
proficiency of the changes that impact client employees to increase
benefit realization, value-creating, ROI, and the achievement of
results and outcomes.
While the Change Management Consultant does not have any
supervisory responsibility, this resource will need to work with
and through many others in an assigned organization to succeed. The
Change Management Consultant will act as a coach for senior leaders
and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor.
The Change Management Consultant may also provide direct support
and coaching to frontline managers and supervisors as they help
their direct reports through transitions. The Change Management
Consultant will also support Burns & McDonnell and 1898 & Co.
project teams in integrating change management activities into
their project plans.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements Change Strategies within Asset Management programs,
ISO 55000 series within a utility space
- Implement Change Strategies for Technology development and
implementation within a utility space.
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management
- Assess the change impact
- Complete change management assessments
- Create change management strategy
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management
levers: communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan,
training plan, resistance management plan.
- Support communication efforts
- Support training efforts
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and
- Coordinate efforts of other Consultants
- Integrate change management activities into project plans
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change
- For some clients, it may require supporting change management
at the organizational level, Enterprise Change Management.
- For multiple change initiatives, manage the change portfolio
and change load.
- Bachelor's degree in learning and development, communications,
organization development, social sciences or related fields.
(Master's degree may be substituted for 1-year experience.)
- 7 years experience with Prosci ADKARr Model preferred.
- Change Management certification or designation. Prosci
- Strong knowledge of standard change management techniques,
principles, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative
problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking
- Proficient in standard engineering techniques and
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building,
collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- 5 years experience in OD, OCM/ECM, and Change Management
- Ideally, the Change Management Consultant has experience
developing cross-functional Level 2 processes (tasks and handoffs)
for Asset Integrity Management (AIM) programs.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of
- Establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward-looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and
- Problem-solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational
issues and challenges
- Experience developing and implementing an integrated
Organizational Change Strategy within AIM programs - ideally with
the Utilities industry.
- Familiarity and experience with process improvements, Lean/Six
Sigma belts ideal.
- Experience with Consulting and external client interactions
from Sales through Delivery.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and
phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts full
- 50% travel
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Fullerton , Change Management Consultant - 1898 & Co. (Brea), Other , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!