Enforcement Officer - Driving
Company: SP Plus Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Basic Function - Monitor designated streets, lots, garages, other
public areas and/or an entire campus to ensure compliance with
* Provide customer service by answering questions regarding
directions, events, building locations and parking policies.
* Issue citations and warnings for non-compliance with a
computerized hand held computer or manual tickets. Impound, boot or
relocate vehicles as directed.
* This position requires the ability to work alone and therefore
must exercise proper judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with
* Assist maintenance staff with duties related to parking equipment
and facility upkeep and maintenance. This includes but is not
limited to: inspecting and assessing lots for maintenance issues,
painting, cleaning and repairing parking meters and pay and display
machines, installing signs, sign posts and meter posts.
* Assist in the collection and security of all monies received
through parking meters, multi-space machines , pay on foot
technology and any other means of collecting parking revenues and
* Assist event staff with activities related to parking for events.
This includes but is not limited to: setting up for events, traffic
control, receipt of payment for parking, and lot usage control.
* Assist office staff with activities related to permit sales
during peak seasons. This includes but is not limited to data
entry, collating mailings, providing frontline customer
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Please note that Enforcement Officers are not sworn police
officers and have no arresting authority.
Qualification Requirements: The personnel selected for parking
enforcement officer positions must have certain traits and
abilities that enable them to achieve expected levels of
performance. Some of the most important competencies are exercising
sound independent judgment and maintaining a high level of customer
service. Other areas include:
* Knowledge of geography of the area they are enforcing
* Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions
* Ability to use a hand held computer
* Ability to operate a motorized vehicle or bicycle
* Ability to understand and apply parking regulations
* Ability to interact with others in a courteous and tactful
* Ability to walk for extended periods of time
* Ability to work in all weather conditions
* Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary
depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability
to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
License Requirement: The individual will be required to have and
maintain a valid state-issued driver's license with a current
address and acceptable driving record.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk
and listen. Employees are regularly exposed to outside weather
conditions including snow storms, and extreme heat.
Employees work in and around potentially dangerous traffic
situations, and employees are to be safety conscious at all
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and
practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job
classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual
orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected
by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or
retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these
characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO
Hourly Rate: $17.50
Keywords: SP Plus Corporation, Fullerton , Enforcement Officer - Driving, Other , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!