We are looking for a Supervisor, Medical Office for the SJuHMG
Providence OB Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Fullerton, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Works collaboratively with the Medical Office Manager/Medical
Office Administrator and the Chief of Staff to ensure appropriate
access and delivery of care within the medical office. Functions as
a liaison between the site employees, physicians, health plans, MSO
and administrative team. Oversees the front office operations
including but not limited to appropriate staffing level, delivery
and adherence of policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with the Medical Office
Manager/Administrator and Chief of Staff to ensure appropriate
delivery of care within the Medical Office. Oversees appropriate
staffing levels based on volume to ensure adequate office coverage
including appropriate use of staff overtime and registry.
- Oversees implementation and adherence of policies/procedures
and provides training as necessary to ensure appropriate
understanding and usage.
- In concert with the Medical Office Administrator
operationalizes strategic goals and monitors progress towards
meeting those goals.
- Functions with limited supervision in compliance with policies,
practices, and procedures prescribed by the Medical Office Manager
and OSHA requirements.
- Communicates with answering service and Chief of Staff
regarding office hours, physician-on-call, etc.
- Investigates and responds to patient inquiries and concerns
within 48 hours.
- Coordinates the CHDP program on site.
- Responds to the needs of health plans regarding credentialing,
HEIDIS and site audits/reviews.
- Assists in employee reviews and initiates disciplinary actions
- Provides orientation process to new employees.
- Effective employee management skills with the ability to lead
and direct staff through a changing and fast paced work
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of levels of care available in the community.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills in facilitating
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: H.S. Diploma or GED
- 3 years experience in a medical office setting, OR
- Supervisory/managerial experience.
- Valid California driver's license.
- Automobile insurance for employee-owned vehicles.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
Experience: Experience in the interpretation, implementation,
and development operational policies and procedures.
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most
respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75
locations throughout California, including, Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage
Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of
success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and
a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and
Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.