We are looking for a Certified Surgical Technician for the
General Surgery Department at St. Jude Medical Center.
Location: Fullerton, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 10-hour, Days
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
Under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, the Scrub
Tech performs the duties of the scrub nurse during operative
procedures. Additionally, the Scrub Tech is responsible for
surgical case preparation and post-procedure equipment
- Demonstrates understanding of principles and philosophy of
sterile technique. Consistently applies those principles to all
aspects of care.
- Adheres to Unit Standards, the Standards of Patient Care,
Standards of Nursing practice and policies and procedures of the
hospital and Nursing Department.
- Anticipates needs of the surgeon and communicates with the
circulating nurse to provide needed equipment and supplies.
- Consistently and accurately maintains sterile technique during
all phases of the surgical procedure.
- Maintains instrument tables in an organized manner.
- Consistently communicates events of procedure to circulating
nurse to ensure accurate and complete documentation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate care of surgical
instruments and equipment.
- Complies with department protocols on care and maintenance of
- Acts as a resource person within scope of practice for other
staff members and physicians.
- Provides information as appropriate regarding procedures,
surgical equipment, and surgical supplies.
- Takes an active role in identifying own educational needs and
maintaining currency with new procedures, equipment, supplies,
Minimum Position Requirements:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training - Graduate of a program accredited by the
Association of Surgical Technicians.
Experience: Experience with proficient scrubbing in one or more:
Complex Spine, Total Joints, Open Hearts (chest), and the Eye
Licenses/Certifications: Basic Life Support- Health Care
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: Two (2) years recent clinical experience.
St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit, 384-bed,
tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern California's
most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals. With nearly
700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude offers
nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether for the
birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine mammogram, St.
Jude continues to set the standard for medical care and offers the
community the most comprehensive array of services and
St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Jude Medical
Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.