Tooling Specialist IV, Die Tech
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: November 20, 2022
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
* This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Verification of
employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
* High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred;
and four years related experience in a repair and maintenance of
progressive dies, or equivalent previous experience with a fastener
* Must have knowledge of tool room equipment including mills,
lathes and grinders
* Ability to trouble-shoot and solve problems of the most advanced
level. Must possess a working knowledge of ferrous and non-ferrous
metals and their alloys.
Howmet Fastening Systems (HFS) is seeking a Tooling Specialist IV -
Progressive Die Techician at our aerospace manufacturing facility
in the Fullerton, CA.
Prepares, sets up and installs large multi-station progressive dies
into all types and sizes of punch presses to form, blank or piece
metal parts. Technician will be held to established production and
quality standards. Incumbent will have control to make some
adjustments to the process or machine after tasks are assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Independently makes complete set up of multi-station progressive
dies and sets up all types of punch presses.
* Sets up compound and progressive dies for all types of punch
presses when required.
* Works from prints, charts, sketches or oral instruction to rework
or convert existing dies or stations to produce new parts.
* Tests to assure proper die clearance and uses templates to
positions several dies at once.
* Sets and checks clearances between punches and dies and sets
punch and anvil lengths to chart.
* Read prints and uses precision measuring instruments including
micrometers, calipers and depth micrometers to check parts for
conformance to specifications.
* After set-up, checks parts against drawings to verify compliance
for first article.
* Performs S.P.C. charting as required.
* Polishes dies, anvils, punches and other details to produce a
* Troubleshoots strip from progressive die and performs all repairs
to eliminate progressive die problems.
* Follows all safety procedures including but not limited
* Will train Die Setters and Operators as necessary or
* Parts to be lifted and/or transported may weigh up to 30 lbs.
* Keeps work area clean (and equipment), safe and in an orderly
fashion on a daily basis.
* Performs other tasks of equal or lesser skill as required.
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Fullerton , Tooling Specialist IV, Die Tech, Other , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!