Meat & Seafood Specialist
Company: Acosta, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This position is responsible for working with Acosta customers and
Fresh Operations team to ensure maximum sales and profits by
continuously evaluating, training and communicating the customer's
expectations. This role will partner with the client/customer, and
the senior leadership team to lead compliance efforts, set
performance expectations, and keep up to date knowledge with
industry trends and standards while executing ongoing training
initiatives, guidelines and business plans.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following
Acosta values:People Minded - Must show dignity and respect to all
peopleIntegrity - Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical
behaviorResults Oriented - Must show passion, pride and commitment
to succeedTrust - Must be honest, sincere and confidentTeamwork -
Must build trusting relationshipsInnovation - Must progress through
a combination of creativity, common sense and visionBalance - Must
maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is
important in life.
- Work closely with Acosta's Customer base to identify areas of
development opportunity for associates working in specialized
retail units such as: Meat, Bakery, Prepared Foods, Caf--, Produce,
Floral, Freezer, Cooler, and Deli.
- Partner with customer to understand the training needs, assign
and execute formalized training programs, plans and curriculum that
align with the business needs.
- Facilitate training and development programs to ensure
performance and financial metrics are achieved. Gather feedback
from training sessions and communicate the feedback to the Acosta
Senior Leadership Team.
- Continuously staying up to date with industry trends and
performing effectiveness assessments throughout training
- Represents the company in a professional capacity to ensure
that available Food Technologists are properly trained to handle
the details of a Fresh Foods department on a day-to-day
- Travel between multiple states & locations with a strong
understanding of the diversity in types of cities/locations to
ensure training standards and requirements are met.
- Working closely with Club management in how to make decisions
that drives financial and operational performance for the market by
developing and overseeing change recommendations.
- Alignment with Regional Fresh Directors & Market Managers on
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Food Safety Certification
Work Experience Requirements:
- 1-3 years of technical experience of core retail Fresh Foods,
Bakery, and/or Deli Operations
- 1-3 years of supervisory/management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Must possess the ability to influence and support senior
leaders to implement best practices.
- Must know the details of Meat, Bakery, Prepared Foods, Caf--,
Produce, Floral, Freezer, Cooler, and Deli within the
- Must possess Meat, Bakery, Prepared Foods, Caf--, Produce,
Floral, Freezer, Cooler, and Deli production skills for appropriate
- Must be able to individually and as part of team set up
displays and participate in resets and remodels.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have excellent presentation skills and must be able to
present to a multitude of audiences.
- Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize.
- Must possess the ability to manage financials, including
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft office products which
include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have a valid driver's license
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta
Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions. -
Keywords: Acosta, Inc., Fullerton , Meat & Seafood Specialist, Other , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!