HEART OF THE HOUSE TEAM MEMBER
Company: Stonefire Brea
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Summary of Position:
The Heart of the House team member's primary objective is to
prepare food items using the correct method to ensure the desired
outcome in Taste, Texture, Quality, Yield and Appearance. Keeps
work area and equipment clean and organized and assists in other
areas of the kitchen as needed. Follows all safety guidelines and
The Heart of the House position is a non-exempt role paid hourly
starting between minimum wage and $17.00 plus tip pool.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a Team and Guest focus while performing duties.
Demonstrates Respect and Loyalty to the entire team every shift.
Understands his/her role as a team player with both Heart of the
House and Front of the House Team Members, working together to
achieve common goals.
- Is Happy to Serve!
- Understands his/her role in achieving Our Mission
- Assumes responsibility for the correct preparation of food
products. Prepares product in as described in the Production
- Safely operates all equipment involved in grill and sandwich
preparation. Learns about other kitchen equipment before
- Adheres to all Health Department and sanitation
- Labels food products according to Health Department and company
- Ensures all products are handled to minimize time in the
Temperature Danger Zone.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Handles food product carefully to prevent waste.
- Communicates with Kitchen Manager regarding product
- Attends all scheduled team meetings and brings suggestions for
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen
Manager or other members of the management team.
- Jumps in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation
of the restaurant as directed by management. Always adheres to
- Demonstrates personal ethics, values and a sense of commitment
in the work environment.
- Possesses a positive attitude and work well with others. A
Happiness to Serve is essential!
- Able to communicate clearly with managers, heart of the house
and front of the house personnel in English.
- Proficient reader in either English or Spanish.
- Can accurately follow a recipe, use a scale and use measuring
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
Any lifting over 35 pounds requires team lifting.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 12 hours on occasion.)
- Able to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long
periods of time.
- Can hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
- Can see 20/20 with correction.
- Has or obtains California Food Handler certification before
commencing work. Certification must be maintained throughout
- At least 18 years of age.
- Clean non-slip shoes
- Socks must be worn
- Clean black non-denim pants
- Clean company-supplied shirt and apron
- Hairnet or hat (company hat only)
- Daily bathing and use of deodorant
- Company-provided protective gear as required
Keywords: Stonefire Brea, Fullerton , HEART OF THE HOUSE TEAM MEMBER, Other , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!