2nd shift CNC Lathe Machinist
Company: Pathway Group
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Prepares and sets up the CNC Lathes within the department for the fabrication of a variety of hardware used in the aircraft industry.
*Essential skills and experience:*
* Sets up and operates 2 axis, sub-spindle, and y-axis lathes machines to produce quality parts within the standards on the route sheet.
* Selects the correct speed and feeds for various materials according to operations designated on the route sheet.
* Knows threads for both tapping and chasing of internal and external classes.
* Holds close tolerances with the standards of each operation outlined on the route sheets.
* Must be able to check own work using measuring instruments, prior to obtaining first article inspection.
* Performs first articles.
* Inspects dimensions and surface finish of products.
* Performs daily PM (check fluid levels, lubricating levels) as assigned.
* Provide technical support to personnel in lower classifications.
* Works safely at all times.
* Advises supervisor of better and more economical ways of completing operations on Material Removal Rate (depth of cut, feeds, and speeds) and tooling/process improvements.
* Exercises good housekeeping practices in work area.
* Must become familiar with Adams Rite Aerospace designs and manufacturing processes and standards.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 - $30.00 per hour
* Health insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fullerton, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* Machining: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%51635975% %%manufacturing%%
Keywords: Pathway Group, Fullerton , 2nd shift CNC Lathe Machinist, Other , Fullerton, California
here to apply!