Strategic Account Executive
Company: Corovan Corporation
Posted on: March 18, 2023
$64480 / year
The Strategic Account Executive reports to the Business Development Manager. This position is responsible for increasing revenue by selling facilities support, moving and storage services to large enterprise clients. The Strategic Account Executive works with existing clients and establishes relationships with new clients. The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for pursuing long-term contracts with large enterprise clients in both the Northern and Southern California regions. This position requires expertise and knowledge required to navigate a complex sales process. This position may oversee a designated project consultant and mentor junior sales representatives.
Sales Representative Service Lines are:
- Facility Support Services to support the daily, ongoing needs of large enterprise clients.
- Office and Industrial Moving, with a specific emphasis on project work and repetitive office and industrial moving business in assigned market.
- Warehousing, with a specific emphasis on repetitive accounts with revenue opportunities in warehouse labor and storage at Corovan facilities.
- Logistics, with a specific emphasis on serving accounts that have one-time and repetitive long distance office relocation, or electronic and other high value product transportation needs, Office and industrial moving, and Commercial warehousing needs outside of the Corovan service areas.
An integral part of a successful outcome is partnering with all departments for an end goal of customer satisfaction resulting in company success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Development Activities:
Cultivate relationships with the largest employers, as identified by your own research and as directed by sales management.
Work with Corovan's internal business development team to call on the largest strategic accounts in our markets throughout the state.
Sell facilities support services and MAC in addition to other Corovan services.
Identify all applicable business opportunities within each target account.
Call on channel partners and related facilities support vendors including national real estate businesses and facilities outsource providers.
Encouraged to initiate and/or participate in lead exchange groups. Also, initiate relationships with individual lead exchange partners from related industries.
Cold call project leads and set sales appointments.
Conduct site surveys for the purpose of scoping projects, estimating costs, and developing client proposals.
Develop proposals for new and existing clients.
Present proposals and project plans to clients.
Consistently follow up with clients on open and pending proposals.
Encouraged to participate in industry trade associations, at their direction of sales manager.
Research and qualify prospects that are large employers with an ongoing requirement for Corovan services.
Cultivate relationships individual contacts of the large employers, including facilities managers, procurement professionals and project managers.
Conduct ongoing sales campaigns, setup meetings with contacts and identify opportunities.
Respond to information requests including RFPs, RFI's, inquiries and vendor onboarding documents.
Scope, budget, and quote client projects using Corovan's order entry system.
Consult with clients on move projects.
Provide project preparation, planning and training services to clients.
Conduct move training presentations with client employees.
Provide detailed and precise move plans and work order instructions.
Coordinate project details with Corovan transportation team and respond promptly to inquiries.
Manage client inquiries.
Participate in collection activities, when requested by management.
Negotiate contract details, rate increases and track profitability.
Monitor customer satisfaction ratings follow up with clients on service issues.
Follow company procedures in processing client projects and work requests.
Document change orders and assist with collections when directed by Sales Manager.
Provide customer service and follow up to ensure customer success.
Regularly visit jobs in progress to engage with the client and Corovan team members.
Account administration activities, managing PO's, follow thru on claims and change orders.
Conduct internal account reviews of current accounts at the request of management.
Introduce new services including technology applications with clients.
At the request of sales management, conduct business reviews with clients, develop client reports and track action items.
Engage in rapport building activities with clients.
Account administration activities, managing PO's, follow thru on claims and change orders.
Share industry best practices and innovation with client on a regular basis.
Track relevant contract details including contract expirations, amendments, extension, and modifications to SOW.
- Perform Account Management services, including but not inclusive of: perform walkthroughs for survey/estimating purposes for large projects, and provide a detailed scope of work for the client and for Corovan Coordinators, and manage and properly communicate expectations, both for and of the Client; Professionally answer/address Client questions, concerns and escalate issues when necessary; Identify all buyers and decision influencers; Identify all future buyers; Develop relationships with Strategic personnel at accounts; Cross-sell all Corovan services.
- Strategically partner with all internal departments of Corovan to ensure Client success, which includes, but not limited to, scope of work, change orders, communications from customer, collections, billing issues and concerns.
FOR For new business within California, meet with Clients to explain operations, security and processes for transportation and warehousing.
- Compile competitive information and formulates competitive strategies and programs designed to grow revenue.
- Properly communicate, in detail, when necessary, with clients, contractors' operations, and other sales representatives the details of the move and changes to Scope.
- Makes in-person or virtual calls on Strategic accounts and perform other client relationship improvement activities on a consistent and relevant basis. When necessary, assist with the kick-off of work being performed at job sites.
- Assist with Trade Show activities, e.g., booth set up, booth assignments, organize appointment schedule, booth break down, and show follow up.
- Interact with Clients in person, virtually, and via telephone and email to ensure complete customer satisfaction in all matters related to the services rendered by Corovan.
Training and Development:
Become proficient on the company's chosen Contact Management Software (CMS), and then utilize the software program daily to manage the sales process and efficiently generate new business (current CMS is salesforce.com).
May be required to participate in Six Sigma projects.
Promote Corovan's Mission and Vision Statements.
- Continuously promotes compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
Committed to diversity, respectful workplace, developing employees and leadership. By example and actions, this position promotes fair and exemplary people practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION-MAKING SKILLS - Organization skills, attention to details, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply good business judgement to complex customer situations. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations well; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments. Excellent follow-through skills.
- COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS - Ability to communicate effectively to customers and coworkers. Focuses on solving conflict; listens to others and seeks to understand; keeps calm and professional; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- TEAMWORK - Assisting Sales Manager, balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- INDUSTRY EXPERTISE - Ability to learn procedures in moving, including all the steps in a customer pre-move meeting, post destination signage and communicate all standard move and install protocol to the customers and crews. Must be familiar with the O&I (Office & Industrial) move process.
- CONTRACT DEVELOPMENT - Able to outline Strategic variables in a contract and propose solutions for customers. Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive material.
- SYSTEM KNOWLEDGE - PC skills including proficiency Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- CONSULTATIVE SELLING - Proven capabilities in sales to large-scale customers. Excellent to build relationships. Ability to learn the processes in the sales industry.
- INQUISITIVE - A desire to learn and understand all facets of Corovan's business and industry.
- ADAPTABLE - Ability to embrace changing priorities without sacrificing quality outcomes.
- OWNERSHIP - Corovan employee owners take responsibility for their actions and seek to understand their partners to cultivate wins.
- BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS - Ability to network and understanding customer needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. High School diploma.
2. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
3. Knowledge of MS Office, including MS Excel and PowerPoint.
4. Valid California driver's license and driving record that meets the company's insurance carrier's requirements.
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent of education and experience.
2. One - three (1-3) years of outside sales experience required, preferably in the commercial moving, logistics or supply chain, with a successful track-record of achieving sales revenue and target margins and effectively managing customer relationships.
3. Strong business acumen.
Orange County, and be based out of one office, but travel to all locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals are required to be able to sit or stand for long periods as needed throughout the day.
1. Walking: May require walking primarily on a level surface but may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day, often up and down stairs.
2. Handling: Seizes, helps, or works with hands.
3. Lifting: Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150 pounds throughout the day. Pushing or pulling assignment may need to be done with inclines. May also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds.
4. Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction, reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required.
5. Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
6. Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
7. Vision: Reads paperwork and records on the computer.
8. Talking: Communications by phone, email, text and in person.
9. Sitting: May be required to sit at desk. May sit for long periods of time.
10. Stairs: May also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds.
11. Heights: May include working at height on a loading dock up, or on a lift-gate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing, assembly, and construction areas and under certain conditions require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields and/or hearing protection. This list is not all inclusive.
1. Temp/Weather: Works in either 1) Office environment - ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment, and 2) Warehouse - may be exposed to hot or cold temperature, and construction zones, 3) Outside - may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and hot or cold.
2. Noise: Works in office, warehouse, construction zones, or outside environment, with constant or intermittent noise.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
1. This is a full-time salaried position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week.
2. Employees might be required to work evenings or weekends depending on the business needs.
60% travel throughout assigned geographical area to meet with customers and walk customer sites.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment activities and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, based on their actual or perceived: race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics").
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)%4860243% %%sales%%
$64480 / year
Keywords: Corovan Corporation, Fullerton , Strategic Account Executive, Other , Fullerton, California
here to apply!