Accessory Product Specialist
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Salary range: 65K - 75K
The Accessory Product Specialist will lead the product development
and event marketing of Suzuki Genuine Accessories and ECSTAR Oil &
Chemicals. This includes the creation and management of new
accessory product as well the presentation of these products
through industry and dealer events. Study and analyze parts and
accessories pricing for Suzuki Motorcycle & ATV Products.
- Develop and update annual/seasonal product to increase both
dealer and retail sales. Focus on strategies that align with the
overall Parts & Accessories department goals. Coordinate with the
internal departments and field sales staff on key product
- Work in conjunction with the Parts & Accessories Sales
Specialist to assist in determining existing product life cycles
and create opportunities for expansion in the product line. Primary
focus is on soft goods and collectibles along with select
categories of hard part accessories.
- Establish strong vendor relationships with all existing Suzuki
suppliers while continuing to build new business contacts.
Responsible for negotiating pricing, minimum order quantities and
quality. Works alongside vendors to provide resolutions for any
accessory discrepancies related to quality, fitment, shipping,
- Planning and execution of the event marketing strategy that
will introduce and highlight all Suzuki Genuine Accessories and
ECSTAR Oil & Chemicals alongside our MC Sales Department. This
includes creating product displays, promotional giveaways, print
material, and other items that create a strong presence inside the
Suzuki event area.
- Represent the Suzuki Genuine Accessory and ECSTAR Oil &
Chemicals line at industry events providing features and benefits
as well demonstration of the product as necessary.
- Complete benchmark price studies for competitive OEM and
aftermarket products to evaluate Suzuki's competitive position
within each industry.
- Complete internal price studies for parts and accessories to
maintain consistent dealer prices and profit margins to support the
Parts & Accessories Department sales and profit plans.
- Provide support to the field sales and service staff on
technical questions related to installation, materials, and fitment
of the accessory line.
- Generate internal and external communications to the Suzuki
dealer network and Suzuki staff regarding new accessories and
related activity. This includes dealer bulletins, email, and
- Willing to travel approximately 20% of the time to support
industry events across the U.S. as well as conducting dealer and
vendor site visits.
- Provide support to other department projects and staff as
Scope of Authority
- With the support and general guidance of the Parts &
Accessories Sales Manager, the Accessory Product Specialist acts
independently on most daily procedural decisions, including
workflow control, project management and coordination with internal
- Interaction with external suppliers includes vendor sales reps,
agencies, and suppliers at various levels.
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in motorcycle accessory
development and/or procurement. Prefer candidates with powersports
trade show and/or related industry event experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing, or related
Must possess strong knowledge of the powersports industry including
both motorcycles and ATV's with a focus on the accessory market.
Solid written and oral communication skills are necessary to
interact at various levels of the organization as well as with
vendors, dealers, and consumers. Ability to manage multiple
projects simultaneously and react quickly in a rapidly changing
environment. Effective time management skills including taking
initiative to lead new projects with limited direction and balance
various tasks. Basic mechanical skills for installing and test
fitting accessories on motorcycles and ATV's. Experience working
with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Word,
and Outlook while willing to learn new programs and software as
Keywords: Suzuki, Fullerton , Accessory Product Specialist, Other , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...