Quality Inspector (Aerospace Company)
Company: Amtec Inc.
Posted on: February 10, 2019
Job DescriptionJob Location: Fullerton, CA 92835Pay Rate: $17 to $18Duration: 6 monthsSchedule: Monday to Friday, 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM Position summary: Performs diversified inspection work. Uses engineering drawings, process specifications, raw material specifications, test procedures, and customer documents to check or verify purchased parts, detailed parts manufactured by the company, assemblies and sub-assemblies, and final deliverable units. Inspects raw material, mechanical, electrical or electro-mechanical products to determine conformity to established requirements. Exercises judgment based on obtained knowledge, performance specifications, and engineering drawings. Essential Functions:
- Performs general inspection work in three basic areas and is capable of these required function:
- Receiving inspection
- First article and in-process inspection
- Final and shipping inspection
- Takes direction from inspection lead for work assignments and obtains guidance on technical matters.
- Familiar with all applicable quality procedures and related work instructions and recommends improvements when applicable.
- Measures parts to verify the accuracy of dimensions, using standard and/or special measuring equipment. Tests units for specification conformance using measuring test equipment as may be required by that specification.
- Stamps or otherwise approves acceptable parts and prepares the necessary paperwork to document the results.
- Through the Material Discrepancy Reports (MDR), clearly and concisely describes the condition of unacceptable parts, determines responsibility for errors and initiates MDRs for disposition.
- Performs inspection functions, e.g.: Reviews Contract/Purchase Order, Reviews supplier purchase orders, ratings, and corrective actions. Is trained by higher level quality engineers and supervisors.
- Works from engineering drawings, process specifications, customer drawings, and test procedures.
- Maintains all required inspection records as per procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Conducts more complex inspections as assigned.
- Assists lower classified inspectors if needed.
- Performs other duties assigned. Role Qualifications:Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:Good communication skills; both written and verbal. Exposure to mechanical and or electrical inspection techniques. Familiar with testing equipment and methods. Education and Experience:Three to five years performing inspection functions, e.g., Machinist or technician. High school graduate or equivalent. Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 lbs.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is moderate. The factory floor is in the same building as the office. Disclaimer:The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Company DescriptionAt Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.
Keywords: Amtec Inc., Fullerton , Quality Inspector (Aerospace Company), Other , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!