Systems Furniture Installer II
Posted on: January 15, 2020
The Installer II is responsible for installing and de-installing
furniture systems as directed by supervisor. Installers lift, carry
and/or push furniture, equipment and cartons on wheels to and from
trucks, offices and warehouses as requested by the customer.
Responsible for loading and unloading trucks from loading dock,
using ramps or on lift-gates. May assist in setting& offsetting
goods on equipment, assuring a quality move for the customer,
providing outstanding customer service, and assisting the move
process by communicating with the supervisor, the customer and
other crew members. The work schedule is part-time, hours will
vary. Reliable transportation is required for this position.
- Install system walls and splines, components and trim.
- Handle and stage product, perform detail work and trash-out
functions on install projects.
- Read install plans and identify starting locations, staging
locations and changes.
- Set, offset, push, pull, lift, carry and move furniture,
equipment and boxes as required.
- Properly load and unload trucks from loading dock, using ramps
or on lift-gates to protect goods being moved.
- Perform work with quality, efficiency and safety at all
- Confirm next day work schedule with dispatch daily.
- Arrive at Corovan dispatch office or on-site at client location
in complete uniform.
- Obtain work assignment from dispatch and/or supervisor and stay
until work is complete.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience
- 2 year systems furniture installation or related
- Must own a intermediate set of installation tools
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including
background check and drug testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs
change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Must possess good customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum
- Must own and bring to work every day, a intermediate set of
installation tools as defined in Corovan installation policy.
- Familiar with all components of systems furniture nomenclature
and be able to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three
major manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth is
- Familiar with various moving equipment and is proper usage such
as dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, ramps, lift gates,
and all specialty equipment including but not limited to
roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, J bars, etc., etc. is
- Familiar with laboratory moving including packing of lab
equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and reconnect
- Familiar with the O&I (Office& Industrial) move process and
understand the move labeling and directional signage is
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures,
work instructions, install plans and timesheets
- Ability to speak and communicate well with customers and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus& Contest Reward Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Corovan University continuous learning and career development
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day.
May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include
walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods
throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the
waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May
include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150
pounds throughout the day. May include bending, reaching,
squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day. May
also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up
to 50 pounds. May include working at height on a loading dock, or
on a lift-gate.Additional InformationUpon offer, the Company
conducts a comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug
test.Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.About CorovanSince 1948, Corovan has set the pace in
corporate relocation, facilities support, and storage services.
Corovan offers the industry's most comprehensive suite of
commercial moving, storage, furniture, logistics, and tech
relocation services for businesses of all sizes and industries. We
are proud to have the most experienced and dedicated team to
engineer the workplace change while ensuring professional, timely
and cost-efficient services. With locations in San Leandro, San
Jose, Fullerton and San Diego, we offer local businesses the most
comprehensive suite of commercial moving, modular furniture moving
and installation, warehousing, distribution, logistics, and
technology services. We work with varied and interesting work
environments with some of the most dynamic companies in the
world.Our values include growth, continual improvement, and offer
our employees training in a variety of fields. We have a culture of
rewarding employees who do a great job and are good for Corovan. We
look at our core staff for career advancement opportunities, with
opportunities for advancement to installer, technician, driver,
foreman, supervisor, project management, customer service and other
support roles. Corovan offers competitive wages and benefits.The
Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.Corovan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer -
veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace
- Systems furniture installation or related experience
Keywords: Corovan, Fullerton , Systems Furniture Installer II, Professions , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!