Commercial Warehouse Worker I
Posted on: February 6, 2020
The Commercial Warehouse Worker I receives, palletizes, vaults,
stores, stages, pulls, and distributes goods, materials, equipment,
and products within Corovan's commercial warehouses. Responsible
for fulfilling commercial storage work. The work schedule is
full-time, hours will vary.
- Load and unload trucks with loose, boxed or palletized
- Inspect goods for damage and verify complete orders.
- Palletize and/or un-palletize goods.
- Vault and/or un-vault goods.
- Pad, stretch-wrap and protect goods prior to placement in
storage to prevent damage.
- Place and pull goods throughout the warehouse via the use of a
pallet jack, forklift, order picker or moving equipment.
- Enter and update inventory information through the use of hand
held scanning equipment and interface with warehouse inventory
- Meet or exceed Corovan commercial productivity standards for
pieces per hour, pallets per hour, pieces on pallets per hour and
hours per vault inbound and outbound.
- Abide by all safety rules; to include proper safety gear (back
braces, etc.), drive forklifts safely (seatbelt, slow speeds,
ensuring trucks are chalked and using proper plates, etc.)
- Fill out paperwork completely including but not limited to w/h
work orders, activity sheets, OS&D's timesheets& work order
- Fully complete work orders, inbounds, outbounds, accesses, and
- Take and follow through orders given to by warehouse leads,
supervisor, or warehouse manager.
- Finish his/her current job/work order before starting on
another one, unless directed by supervisor or warehouse
- Coordinate with supervisor for daily tasks.
- Accurately document all movement and or changes in inventory
through the use of a hand held scanning device and interface with
the warehouse asset management system.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or
- 1 year experience in a similar warehouse position
- Valid forklift certification
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including
background check, drug testing and physical.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs
change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Punctual at all times. If an emergency arises, let the
supervisor and warehouse manager know immediately
- Courteous, helpful, and professional to all existing and
- Shows initiative and good judgment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum
- Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such
as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals,
warehouse work orders and inventories.
- Ability to write legible notes and correspondence in
- Ability to speak and communicate well with coworkers and
superiors in English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Strong ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Certified forklift operator on both sit-down and narrow aisle
equipment (up to 5th level on pallets and 3rd level on vaults
maximum) is preferred
- Possess an basic knowledge of systems furniture including but
not limited to Steelcase, Haworth and Herman Miller, as well as and
case goods nomenclature including the ability to identify the three
major brand and line types on sight is preferred
- Ability to move vaults, palletized product and loose product
within the warehouse when directed by a supervisor
- Basic working knowledge of the asset management hardware and
software operation for scanning goods in and out of the warehouse
- Ability to sort and filter reports
- Must be able to efficiently pad-wrap furniture and properly
load into vaults and trucks without damage
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus& Contest Reward Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Corovan University continuous learning and career development
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day.
May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include
walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods
throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the
waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May
include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150
pounds throughout the day. May include bending, reaching,
squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day. May
also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up
to 50 pounds. May include working at height on a loading dock, or
on a lift-gate.Additional InformationUpon offer, the Company
conducts a comprehensive pre-employment background check, drug test
and physical.Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.About CorovanSince 1948, Corovan has set the pace in
corporate relocation, facilities support, and storage services.
Corovan offers the industry's most comprehensive suite of
commercial moving, storage, furniture, logistics, and tech
relocation services for businesses of all sizes and industries. We
are proud to have the most experienced and dedicated team to
engineer the workplace change while ensuring professional, timely
and cost-efficient services. With locations in San Leandro, San
Jose, Fullerton and San Diego, we offer local businesses the most
comprehensive suite of commercial moving, modular furniture moving
and installation, warehousing, distribution, logistics, and
technology services. We work with varied and interesting work
environments with some of the most dynamic companies in the
world.Our values include growth, continual improvement, and offer
our employees training in a variety of fields. We have a culture of
rewarding employees who do a great job and are good for Corovan. We
look at our core staff for career advancement opportunities, with
opportunities for advancement to installer, technician, driver,
foreman, supervisor, project management, customer service and other
support roles. Corovan offers competitive wages and benefits.The
Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.Corovan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer -
veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace
Keywords: Corovan, Fullerton , Commercial Warehouse Worker I, Professions , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!