Systems Furniture Installer II
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Hiring Immediately! Conducting interviews daily, same day job
Minimum Starting Hourly Pay Rate: $17.00 per hour paid bi-weekly
(pay rate is based on experience)
Work Schedule: Variable work schedule. Work hours may often exceed
30+ hours per week, contingent on availability and client needs.
Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is preferred.
This position requires travel around the local area (serving Orange
County, Los Angeles, and surrounding area); depending upon customer
The Installer II is responsible for installing and de-installing
furniture systems as directed by supervisor. Installers lift, carry
and/or push furniture, equipment and cartons on wheels to and from
trucks, offices and warehouses as requested by the customer.
Responsible for loading and unloading trucks from loading dock,
using ramps or on lift-gates. May assist in setting & offsetting
goods on equipment, assuring a quality move for the customer,
providing outstanding customer service, and assisting the move
process by communicating with the supervisor, the customer and
other crew members. The work schedule is part-time, hours will
vary. Reliable transportation is required for this position.
- Install system walls and splines, components and trim.
- Handle and stage product, perform detail work and trash-out
functions on install projects.
- Read install plans and identify starting locations, staging
locations and changes.
- Set, offset, push, pull, lift, carry and move furniture,
equipment and boxes as required.
- Properly load and unload trucks from loading dock, using ramps
or on lift-gates to protect goods being moved.
- Perform work with quality, efficiency and safety at all
- Confirm next day work schedule with dispatch daily.
- Arrive at dispatch office or on-site at client location in
- Obtain work assignment from dispatch and/or supervisor and stay
until work is complete.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needsBasic
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience
- 2 year systems furniture installation or related
- Must own a intermediate set of installation toolsOther
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including
background check and drug testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs
change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Must possess good customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum
- Must own and bring to work every day, a intermediate set of
installation tools as defined in Corovan installation policy.
- Familiar with all components of systems furniture nomenclature
and be able to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three
major manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth is
- Familiar with various moving equipment and is proper usage such
as dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, ramps, lift gates,
and all specialty equipment including but not limited to
roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, J bars, etc., etc. is
- Familiar with laboratory moving including packing of lab
equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and reconnect
- Familiar with the O&I (Office & Industrial) move process
and understand the move labeling and directional signage is
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures,
work instructions, install plans and timesheets
- Ability to speak and communicate well with customers and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formPay &
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training.
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day.
May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include
walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods
throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the
waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May
include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150
pounds throughout the day. May include bending, reaching,
squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day. May
also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up
to 50 pounds. May include working at height on a loading dock, or
on a lift-gate.
Additional Information Upon offer, the Company conducts a
comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug test. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities","PayTransparencyPolicyStatement":"The contractor will
not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees
or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Corovan, Fullerton , Systems Furniture Installer II, Professions , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!