Systems Furniture Installer II - Orange County Area
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Hiring Immediately! Conducting interviews daily, same day job
offer.Work Schedule: Variable work schedule. Work hours may often
exceed 30+ hours per week, contingent on availability and client
needs. Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is
preferred.This position requires travel around the local area
(serving Orange County, Los Angeles, and surrounding area);
depending upon customer assignment.The Installer II is responsible
for installing and de-installing furniture systems as directed by
supervisor. Installers lift, carry and/or push furniture, equipment
and cartons on wheels to and from trucks, offices and warehouses as
requested by the customer. Responsible for loading and unloading
trucks from loading dock, using ramps or on lift-gates. May assist
in setting & offsetting goods on equipment, assuring a quality move
for the customer, providing outstanding customer service, and
assisting the move process by communicating with the supervisor,
the customer and other crew members. The work schedule is
part-time, hours will vary. Reliable transportation is required for
this position.Position Responsibilities
- Install system walls and splines, components and trim.
- Handle and stage product, perform detail work and trash-out
functions on install projects.
- Read install plans and identify starting locations, staging
locations and changes.
- Set, offset, push, pull, lift, carry and move furniture,
equipment and boxes as required.
- Properly load and unload trucks from loading dock, using ramps
or on lift-gates to protect goods being moved.
- Perform work with quality, efficiency and safety at all
- Confirm next day work schedule with dispatch daily.
- Arrive at dispatch office or on-site at client location in
- Obtain work assignment from dispatch and/or supervisor and stay
until work is complete.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needsBasic
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience
- 2 year systems furniture installation or related
- Must own a intermediate set of installation toolsOther
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including
background check and drug testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs
change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Must possess good customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum
- Must own and bring to work every day, a intermediate set of
installation tools as defined in Corovan installation policy.
- Familiar with all components of systems furniture nomenclature
and be able to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three
major manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth is
- Familiar with various moving equipment and is proper usage such
as dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, ramps, lift gates,
and all specialty equipment including but not limited to
roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, J bars, etc., etc. is
- Familiar with laboratory moving including packing of lab
equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and reconnect
- Familiar with the O&I (Office & Industrial) move process
and understand the move labeling and directional signage is
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures,
work instructions, install plans and timesheets
- Ability to speak and communicate well with customers and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formPay &
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training.
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per
week.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Individuals may
need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day. May require
walking primarily on a level surface, but may include walking on
uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day.
Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as
required to file documents or store materials throughout the work
day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to
75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150 pounds throughout the
day. May include bending, reaching, squatting, twisting, stooping,
and kneeling throughout the day. May also include climbing or
descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds. May include
working at height on a loading dock, or on a lift-gate.Additional
Information Upon offer, the Company conducts a comprehensive
pre-employment background check and drug test. Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Company
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer -
veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace
Keywords: Corovan, Fullerton , Systems Furniture Installer II - Orange County Area, Professions , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!