Driver Foreman - Orange County Area
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Supervises small and medium sized move and install crews to
complete projects for commercial customers. Performs general manual
labor and office furniture installation tasks including carrying,
loading, unloading, lifting, and moving office furniture and
materials. Assists with a variety of functions with manual labor
tasks as needed. May require loading and unloading trucks from
loading dock, using ramps or on lift-gates. May require moderate
reading and writing skills with 1-2 years of experience in the
field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used office
furniture installation and moving concepts, practices, and
procedures within a particular field. Primary job functions
typically require exercising independent judgment. The work
schedule is part-time, hours will vary.
Teaches and trains crews to insure quality work is performed.
Responsible to insure the customer's complete satisfaction. May
assist in pushing furniture, equipment and cartons on wheels to and
from trucks, offices and warehouses. May assist in setting &
offsetting goods on equipment. Required to drive trucks up to Class
A if qualified and approved. Assists the install/move process by
communicating with project managers, the end users/customer and
other crew members. Uses extreme care not to damage goods or
facilities during the install/move.
- Reports to the dispatch office or customer job site as directed
by supervisor, in appropriate company uniform every day.
- Obtains daily work assignments from dispatch or supervisor and
completes work assignment as assigned. Must be able to work
overtime as needed.
- Must be able to work 7 days a week including holidays.
- Properly loads and unloads trucks from loading dock, using
ramps or on lift-gates and supervises others performing the same
- Supervises movers and installers as required to perform a
quality job for the customer.
- Trains crews in proper handling and safety techniques.
- If also a qualified installer, installs systems walls and
splines, handles and stages product, performs detail work and
trash-out functions on install projects.
- If also a qualified and approved driver, drives trucks up to
and including Class A vehicles.
- Sets, offsets, pushes, pulls, lifts, carries and moves
furniture, equipment and boxes as required.
- Completes all paperwork accurately and neatly and turns into
operations daily, including timesheets, bills of lading, tick
sheets, inventories and disposal forms.
- Performs work with quality, efficiency and safety at all
- Handles and stages product, performs detail work and trash-out
functions on install projects.
- Is able to read install plans and identify starting locations,
staging locations and changes.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs. Basic
- High school or equivalent education; or 1-2 years of related
experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Other Requirements
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including
background check and drug testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs
change throughout the workday
- Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such
as procedures, work instructions,
- Moderate ability to understand basic math in order be able to
add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read and
correctly interpret the legend on installation drawings and read
both standard and metric tape measures.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Must be familiar with and able to train other using various
moving equipment and its proper usage such as dollies, carts, pads,
straps, pallet jacks, forklifts, ramps, lift gates, and all
specialty equipment including but not limited to roll-a-lifts,
Genie lifts safe jacks, J bars, etc., etc.
- Must be familiar with basic systems furniture nomenclature and
be able to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three major
manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth.
- Must own and bring to work every day, a complete set of
installation tools as defined in Corovan installation policy.
- Must be familiar with laboratory moving including packing of
lab equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and
reconnect and must possess good customer service skills.
- Must be familiar with the O&I move process and understand
the move labeling and directional signage. Pay & Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus & Contest Reward Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Corovan University continuous learning and career development
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Individuals are required to be able to sit or stand for long
periods as needed throughout the day. May require walking primarily
on a level surface, but may include walking on uneven or inclined
surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day. Reaching above
shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file
documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper
lifting techniques required. Requires the ability to lift or pull
50 pounds or more throughout the day, includes bending, reaching,
squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day.
also includes climbing or descending stairs while carrying office
furniture or other goods. Manual dexterity and use of hands and
fingers to be able to use tools such as screw drivers, drills and
etc. May include working at height on a loading dock, using a
ladder, or on a lift-gate.
Additional Information Upon offer, the Company conducts a
comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug test. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Corovan: Since 1948, Corovan has set the pace in corporate
relocation, facilities support, and storage services. Corovan
offers the industry's most comprehensive suite of commercial
moving, storage, furniture, logistics, and tech relocation services
for businesses of all sizes and industries. We are proud to have
the most experienced and dedicated team to engineer the workplace
change while ensuring professional, timely and cost-efficient
services. With locations in San Leandro, San Jose, Fullerton and
San Diego, we offer local businesses the most comprehensive suite
of commercial moving, modular furniture moving and installation,
warehousing, distribution, logistics, and technology services. We
work with varied and interesting work environments with some of the
most dynamic companies in the world. Our values include growth,
continual improvement, and offer our employees training in a
variety of fields. We have a culture of rewarding employees who do
a great job and are good for Corovan. We look at our core staff for
career advancement opportunities, with opportunities for
advancement to installer, technician, driver, foreman, supervisor,
project management, customer service and other support roles.
Corovan offers competitive wages and benefits. The Company provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Corovan
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals
with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.
Keywords: Corovan, Fullerton , Driver Foreman - Orange County Area, Professions , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!