LTL Dispatcher, Transportation and Logistics
Company: RPM Transportation Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
LTL Dispatcher - Corporate Terminal
RPM Transportation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics
& Technology, has provided customers with quality service for over
36 years and continues to do so. We are seeking a LTL Dispatcher to
join our team in our Fullerton Corporate terminal.
This position will ensure and coordinate efficient pick up and
delivery of freight to meet our customer s demands, through
dispatching and scheduling pick-ups and delivery of freight. The
candidate will work to ensure there is efficient utilization of
drivers and equipment. Provide service satisfaction to all
- Office/Dock environment
- Fast Paced; deadline oriented
- 8:30 a.m. 6:30 p.m. (hours may vary due to operational
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Dispatch City and Line routing and check-in drivers;
- Take pick up request and administer freight pick up
- Make freight delivery appointments, as required;
- Coordinate customer freight pick up and drop off
- Manifest city drivers, line haul drivers;
- Work with city drivers to resolve any problems;
- Work with SFS Line dispatch on moving loads;
- Make sure all paperwork associated with the city operation is
handled timely an correctly;
- Responsible for equipment assignment and accountability;
trailers and tractors;
- Answer phones/help in the office/customer care
- Promotes our Safety Program on a daily basis;
- Communicate with sales and operations;
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company
- Process the documentation that accompanies the movement of
- Perform administrative functions necessary in the daily
- Enter data into current system(s).
- A minimum of one year previous experience in a like
- High School/GED. Associate's degree (A. A.) preferred;
- A proven leader in vehicle and workplace safety
- Proven knowledge of overview of areas and nearby cities in the
Greater LA, Orange County and Inland Empire territories;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Use of TMS (Truckmate use a plus)We are an equal opportunity
employer who requires a drug free workplace. Employment
sponsorships are not available for this position.
For consideration, please submit your resume in response to this ad
Note: Submittal of your resume does not constitute an application
This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Keywords: RPM Transportation Inc., Fullerton , LTL Dispatcher, Transportation and Logistics, Professions , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!