Electrical Engineer/Senior Consultant - Rolling Stock
Company: Air Comfort, Inc
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Southern California firm is seeking an Electrical
Engineer/Senior Consultant with a background in rolling stock (bus
and/or commuter, heavy, light rail vehicles) to join our team. -
-Responsibilities include business development, project work,
internal project management oversight, and proposal preparation.
Key activities are making regular contact with Virginkar &
Associates, Inc. (VAI) team members as well as the client staff,
monitoring progress, providing guidance when needed to VAI field
- Analyze and participate in the development of technical
specifications and procurement documents, operations & maintenance
(O&M) plans, rail fleet management plans, studies, and
schedules and budgets.
- Develop O&M and capital cost estimates for rolling stock
- Perform readiness for operation reviews on rolling stock,
facilities, safety and training plans, and training delivery to
- Review and analyze safety systems and processes as well as
planning and reliance.
- Review and analyze project reports, safety plans, and
commissioning and test plans.
- Review and analyze schedules, engineering design submissions,
technical data/analyses, vehicle maintainability and reliability
programs, and Buy America Compliance Audit reports for
- Perform engineering design reviews.
- Conduct reviews of supplier quality systems.
- Resolve quality issues during the manufacturing process.
- For testing programs, conduct First Article Inspection audits
of critical suppliers, resolution of engineering issues related to
the testing protocols.
- Internal Project Oversight and Quality Assurance.
- Prepare periodic reports.Client Relationships
- Establish and maintain close relationship with Clients.
- Research potential opportunities and develop a thorough
understanding of Client's needs.
- Meet regularly with Project Managers to review marketing
- Direct, supervise and evaluate direct reports.
- Determine staffing requirements, interview, and make
recommendations regarding hiring.
- Consistently apply departmental policies, goals, objectives and
procedures, and confer with Company management and staff as
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports regarding
- Conduct performance reviews.Proposals
- Responsible for reviewing Request for Proposals for Go/No Go
decision making, ensuring all information for the proposal is
communicated to the Marketing Department, final review of all
proposal documents for submission.
- Monitor requests for any supplemental information after
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering; Professional Engineer
- 10+ years' experience in Rolling Stock, or equivalent work
- Work experience with transit agencies is desired.
- 5+ years' experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Prior marketing experience is a plus.
- Self-starter, able to step into the position with minimum job
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team
- High integrity, detail oriented.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel - 25 percent.
Keywords: Air Comfort, Inc, Fullerton , Electrical Engineer/Senior Consultant - Rolling Stock, Professions , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...