Computed Tomographic Technician
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Summary:--Under general supervision, operates CT scanners
and other radiographic equipment to produce images of structures in
the human body that are utilized by physicians for the diagnosis of
diseases, pathology and/or trauma. --Utilizes technical judgment
and skills to ensure that produced images are of the highest
diagnostic quality and--demonstrate the area(s) of
- Performs Computed Tomographic (CT) imaging.
- Assist physician during minor surgical procedures, and in
developing new techniques and procedures.
- Assist in obtaining tissue specimens.
- Follow infection control procedures and--employ safe radiation
protection practices. --
- Modify imaging techniques which do not require change in
- Observes, monitor and take appropriate response to patient
condition during and after procedures.
- Shave and apply antiseptic solutions to patient skin
- Transport patients to/from procedure area.
- Assist physician with fluoroscopic examinations.
- Process digital or film images and makes prints, if
- Perform radiation safety monitoring.
- Records pertinent patient Information.
- Reviews patient chart to identify significant patient
- Compile pertinent Quality Assurance data.
- Operate radiographic, fluoroscopic, and portable x-ray
- Arrange for repair of imaging equipment.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
- Performs other duties as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical,
emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of
services to patients of the age group served.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle
choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such
- Utilizes proper Body Mechanics.
- Documents clinical activities and required image information in
a timely, comprehensive, and accurate manner.
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area and
Diagnostic Imaging Department policies and procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to
enhance quality of service.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior in all interactions with
patients and staff.
- Maintains equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with
department guidelines.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum three (3) years recent experience (within the last 12
months) as a CT Technologist.
- May substitute three (3) year CT experience with successful
completion of the department's formal CT training program.Education
- Please refer to Required License, Certification, Registration
or Designation section.License, Certification, Registration
- Possesses and maintains current certification as a Certified
Radiologic Technologist (CRT) issued by the State of California
Department of Public Health. --
- Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the State of California Department
of Public Health. --
- Valid Certificate of Completion in Intravenous Administration
of Contrast Materials as stipulated in the California H&S Code.
- Registration as a Registered Radiologic Technologist
(Radiography) issued by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT-R). --
- American Heart Association approved BLS, Healthcare Provider
- --Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize theories,
principles, practices and techniques of Radiologic Technology.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to members, customers, contracted providers
and vendors.----Preferred Qualifications:
- Advance Certificate in CT (ARRT).--Notes:
- 10 Hour shift schedule with rotational weekends.
- Work schedule varies.
- Will work at all SBC area locations.
- May work up to 39 hours per weekJob Schedule: Job Category:
Imaging & Radiology
Keywords: Kaiser, Fullerton , Computed Tomographic Technician, Professions , Brea, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...