Manager Quality Control
Company: Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc.
Posted on: May 21, 2023
OverviewJob Location: Fullerton, CA. The Quality Control Manager
is responsible for the supervision of the Produce Quality Control
program and Quality Control team at the Distribution Center. This
includes inbound inspection, warehouse inspections, WMS data entry,
product audits and vendor performance management program
contribution. The Quality Control Manager ensures that Team Members
follow established processes and procedures and proper and
effective inspection best practices.This position is also
responsible for reinforcing established cultural expectations of
continuous learning and improvement to create and maintain high
team performance and morale Overview of Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting Sprouts Farmers Market from poor
quality product by following established processes and procedures
for inbound inspections and existing inventory inspection.
- Lead the Quality Control team ensuring that staff is trained
and best practices are followed through effective and comprehensive
- Problem-solve all communications associated with inbound
arrivals, and excessive and aging inventory.
- Responsible for reporting rejections by vendor and
- Collaborate with Vendor Quality Control to establish
expectations and solicit feedback on processes and protocols.
- Responsible for contributing to store shrink control by
minimizing poor quality arrivals at the stores through effective
inbound and existing inventory inspections and audits.
- Ensure cold chain controls are met by inbound vendors and
- Collaborate with the Food Safety department on recall execution
at the Distribution Centers and the collection and reporting of
- Provide real-time feedback to Warehouse Operations leadership
regarding problems that may impact Distribution Center safety,
cleanliness, and organization.
- Manage hiring, onboarding, and training of new hires.
- Utilize inspection cart with scale, pulp thermometer and WMS
workstation on the dock while receiving is in progress; use
calipers, ring sizers, etc. as needed to capture any noteworthy
- Audit inbound pallets for damage; all crushed, smashed and
creased cases are to be refused.
- Ensure temperatures are checked and recorded on every load; if
temperatures are out of the range for good arrival, check for the
start of breakdown with the product and communicate root cause of
- Bananas: Must be inspected for case damage, poorly stacked
pallets, temperature, maturity of fruit, condition of bananas,
bruising, and chill damage; daily reporting to include carry over,
new arrival color and pulp temperatures.
- Bananas must be transferred into the 55 degree room after
- Bananas Ripening: bananas must be kept at a controlled
temperature for (5) five days to obtain a stage #3; Bananas must be
checked for temperature and color stage at least once each
- All the information regarding Bananas is recorded daily.
- The Banana rooms are to be checked from home, if required, to
ensure all equipment is operating properly.
- A projected banana schedule must be made weekly and bananas
processed according to that schedule.
- Bananas are to be pulled out of rooms and staged in 55 degree
room for selection; pallets will be lowered down to make full
pallets for shipping. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or
related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Produce Quality Control or an
acceptable combination of education and experience
- Ability to supervise personnel effectively
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to prioritize, manage
concurrent projects and meet SLA's while committed to providing
excellent customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical and
decision-making skills, and ability to work on cross-functional
teams Pay range The pay range for this position is $76,923.00 -
$123,077.00 / year. Sprouts Farmers Market determines pay based on
applicable experience and qualifications of the applicant.
BenefitsIn addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a
comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your
immediate families health
- Vacation accrual plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your
household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company
- Company paid life insurance
- Contests and appreciation events throughout the year full of
prizes, food and fun!Eligibility requirements may apply for the
- Bonus based on company and/or individual performance
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental and
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent
- Company paid short-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Paid holidaysGet Paid Every Day!Sprouts Farmers Market offers
DailyPay - if you're hired as an eligible employee, you'll be able
to transfer the money you've already earned at no extra cost, and
get it the next business day, for free. We offer DailyPay so you
don't have to wait for payday to access the money you've already
worked for. With DailyPay, you can see how much you've made every
day and you can transfer your money any time before payday.You can
learn more by visiting. Why SproutsGrow with us!If you have a
passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider
applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service,
our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh
produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and
much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer's market
setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced,
rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on
empowering others along their journey.The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being
performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an
exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties,
responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and
organizational needs as necessary.Sprouts will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance in Hiring
Ordinance.California Residents: We collect information in
accordance with California law, please see for more
Keywords: Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc., Fullerton , Manager Quality Control, Professions , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...