Customer Service Representative (BOX-1516)
Company: National Technical Systems
Posted on: October 17, 2020
NTS is seeking a Customer Service Representative to work in the
capacity of Order Booking Administrator. In this role, you will
manage a book of inactive/dormant customer orders where CRD
(Customer Ready Date) is unknown, CRD is 60 days out or there has
been no activity on the project within the last 30 days and no
activity scheduled in the next 60 days. Will be primarily focused
on working with customers to schedule dates for testing. Manages
the inactive/dormant projects to get them to an active state for
the lab to work. Coordinates hand- off of a dormant project to
active project with the lab Program Manager. Provides the level of
customer engagement required by type of project and specific
customer to ensure the customer's needs and expectations are met.
Acts as a customer service representative and focuses on creating a
positive customer experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Performs duties with the use of standard SOPs.
* Ensures production tests are turned over for scheduling at the
earliest possible date. Works with operations to expedite testing
through the facility. Follows standard practices and procedures in
managing order book. Builds productive internal and external
working relationships. May be responsible for submitting "closing
cost" COSs and related invoice. Primarily repeat work, multiple
Customer phone calls and emails based on the provided directions
* Is primary point of contact for customer questions and scheduling
for Dormant Projects. Communications (emails and phone calls) are
at set intervals and also as determined by customer need. In
constant contact with customers and helping to drive a positive
* Takes complete ownership of projects within book of business.
1) Fulfilling our commitments and customer needs
2) Delivering projects to operations in a timely manner to ensure
schedule commitments can be met (CRDs and PDDs)
3) Understanding project success means ensuring the project is
handed off to the Program Manager at the earliest possible date
4) Providing customers with the expected amount of
5) Coordinating the flow of work to the facility on dormant
projects with Customers and Department Managers
6) Consistently using the best practices of order book
7) Establishing collaborative and mutually supportive relationship
with those responsible for operations
8) Striving to help operations to be successful
9) Striving to help customer have the best experience with NTS
10) Manage the quality of backlog by issuing "closing" cost
COSs/Invoices and then down booking the project
* 1 - 3 years' of customer service experience required.
* Basic knowledge of facility's core business (i.e., Environmental
testing, Dynamics testing, EMC testing, etc.).
* Must be organized and practice time management.
* Must have strong communication skills to work with different
internal partners and customers.
* Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine
* Basic MS office skills. Basic VLab and ERP skills.
* Effective communication (phone/email), able to type efficiently,
requires full time desk work.
Test lab with exposure to sudden, loud noises
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb
stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste
or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT: It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal
Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race,
creed, ancestry, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities,
pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Keywords: National Technical Systems, Fullerton , Customer Service Representative (BOX-1516), Sales , Fullerton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!